[YB-Meta/Chat] MeowthBot!

reiella

Explorer
Well finished this guy a while ago, but thought ti announce him.

Pretty much a bot in the #yb chat (same as the regular board chat, just in #YB instead of #dnd3e ) that generates moves and such.

publicly (And also only in #yb) !mb ybmove should have it generate a move publicly, or a private message with ybmove should have it generate a move for ya in private.

I had wanted to do masters and insult too, but haven't gotten around to it.

Anyway, planing on trying to keep it up semi-routinely now :).

graydoom

First Post
Good job getting this done, Rei! Since I usually have mIRC up, it'll probably save me some time to use MeowthBot instead of having to open a seperate window for the generator page.

reiella

Explorer
Something screwy with the random generator turned out.

So MeowthBot current down while I try to change out the internal core to use a better random generator.

That or until I get bored and just decide to put it on a shell eggdrop.

reiella

Explorer
Well... I just finished migrating meowthbot to a new core....

If you can, test him out.

And please let me know if you see an oddity.

reiella

Explorer
Well he's been up for about a day now, and from my random testings, the 'roaring phoenix' bug seems to have disappeared with his new core.

Although haven't been able to test alot of generation yet, so I can't be sure.

As a boon at least, it shouldn't generate the 'unknown' field randomly in style like the java generator does.

[ Still personally using the web generator for combat, simply as a precaution ]

Also if you have any troubles or notice a severe breach in the approximation of random behavior (ie, 'roaring phoenix' bug...) /msg reiella (me) on the chat server and I'll get at it. Post it here. Or email me at reiella@yahoo.com.

Will eventually be adding the masters and insult generators when I am satisified with the random performance of the new core.

[Add]

Well, I guess when I get bored I can finish it.

So MeowthBot now has the insult and masters generator loaded.

They are triggered by !mb ybinsult and !mb ybmaster
Or by private message of ybinsult and ybmaster.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases