• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Counters?

Votes: 1 5.0%

Artimus

First Post
I was browsing the forums today and saw something about counters & miniatures. Some people complane that Miniatures are big and hard to transport and counters come in bulk. Here's an answer that I'm going to try. Make them with Poker Chips & paper. Draw 'em and gley them on.

MythandLore

First Post
Artimus said:
I was browsing the forums today and saw something about counters & miniatures. Some people complane that Miniatures are big and hard to transport and counters come in bulk. Here's an answer that I'm going to try. Make them with Poker Chips & paper. Draw 'em and gley them on.

Have you seen these?
Alienstar Paper Figures
You can try and make your own versions.

Grim

First Post
mmm... counters... This store near me was jumped by the "pog" craze a few years ago. They have big boxes of blank "pogs" which are almost the right size for counters. I should go buy some. They are cheaper than Minis, and all i have to do is buy some surplus Dragon magazines and cut out the pictures... cool... must go buy counters now...

Valorian

First Post
Counters

I guess I'm getting old (and perhaps have a little more money than my student days), but I find purchasing a set of counters, the best idea.

I've purchased about 200 + counters from Dragon Scale Counters (dragonscalecounters.com). They print thier counters on credit card plastic, they are nicely done, fit exactly the size on my battleboard the appropriate monster should take up, I can write on them w/ erasable pens, they are very light and compact, and all 200 counters take up less room than my copy of sword and fist.

And most importantly, I don't have to do any work...they come precut. I still have a couple books of the old cardboard counters that you have to cut out of the books, and then slice them so the two pieces can be fit together. With work and gaming, I just never had the time.

Attachments

• saltmarsh_alt.jpg
    saltmarsh_alt.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 3,482

Droogie

Explorer
Re: Counters

Valorian said:

And most importantly, I don't have to do any work...they come precut. I still have a couple books of the old cardboard counters that you have to cut out of the books, and then slice them so the two pieces can be fit together. With work and gaming, I just never had the time.

What old counters are you talking about?

I'm currently making a big batch of half-inch scale counters with CC2 Character Artist. Yep, the biggest pain is the glueing and cutting.

Nish

First Post
Funny you should mention it...

I was currently in the process of finding the right image to use as a counter for one of my characters.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I donwload fantasy drawings from internet, cut/morph/paste it in 1in x 1in cells and print them on thin cardboard. After some scissors work, I have nice counters. :)

wsclark

Explorer
Re: Re: Counters

Droogie said:

What old counters are you talking about?

I'm currently making a big batch of half-inch scale counters with CC2 Character Artist. Yep, the biggest pain is the glueing and cutting.

I do exactly the same thing, make them with CC2 Character Artist. What I do after printing them out is attach them to magnetic strips. I picked up a bunch of the self-adhesive magnetic business cards and put the printed counters on them. Then I cut them out.

The other trick I use is that I make the counters round. This way, once I have them cut out, I can use 1 inch fender washers to give them a bit of weight and heft. The magnetic backing holds real well to them and are not permanent so I don't need a huge number of washers.

Remove ads