Orange Dragon Conversion

Krishnath

First Post
I hope you like it, it's 100% 3.5 compatible.

Comments are as always welcome.

A few notes however, I had to change the breathweapon somewhat, also I exchanged some of the spell-like abilities with some that fit it's habitat and personality better.

Later,

Attachments

• orange dragons.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 276

las

First Post
yes this is how a see my players fighting the thing.

Attachments

• redeemerwhore.gif
    redeemerwhore.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 156

las

First Post
They wich its just well you need to plane for things or they will come and get you back right. Ill be saving it now :D .

Clay_More

First Post
It looks fine Mr. Nath. How come Spell Resistance only comes at Young Adult age, but starts as high as 18? Is it normal for dragons (I dont even have the MM here), or wouldn't it be more reasonable to have it start with lower SR at a younger age?

Like the breathweapon (I bet trolls dont though, half fire and half acid?). I didn't bring my 2 ed. MM, so I couldn't compare it to its 2 ed. counterpart. Some of the monster stats were 3.5 ed, which makes me hate you for having those books :D

Anyways, catch ya later Mr. Nath

Nifft

Penguin Herder
A Water Dragon with Flaming Acid breath?! I can understand the Acid part, but not the Water = Fire part.

(IMC, this critter will work, 'cause I have more elements: it will be Ash/Ooze, not Water.)

Now, for the default settting, I say get rid of the (Water) descriptor, since the BW is cool. Dragons don't actually need any descriptor, ya know.

Second, flaming acid breath weapon can be freely used underwater?!? This must be some new kind of flame...

Suggestion: change the subtype to (Aquatic), and look at the Dragon Turtle's breath weapon. Make one like that (superheated steam, works underwater) which is also acidic gas (like a Green Dragon's breath weapon). Now it's a Cone, but at least it's consistant with existing mechanics and limitations.

-- Nifft

Krishnath

First Post
Nifft: Acidic Flame was the closest I could come the originals Napalm Breathweapon without actually creating a whole new set of rules. Also, it is not aquatic because it can breath air just fine (I suggest you read the description of the aquatic subtype in the revised monster manual). Also, I settled on water, because, this dragon, like the black, lives part of it's life submerged. I probably should have gone with earth though. On a side note, there are several instances of fire that can burn underwater. I wonder if you have ever seen an underwater volcano in action? The orange dragons breathweapon works in a similar way. I would also like to point out that several of the oriental dragons have pure fire breathweapons that they can use underwater.
Also, if the dragon has a breathweapon, it should have a subtype. As per the guidelines in the MM.

Later,

Shylo Slick

First Post
make the dragon's breath require two saves, one for the acid and one for the fire, just split the damage in half and give the players a couple of save bonus points against each breath type.

saving twice against one breath attack can be rude, even with the save bonus to each reduced breath portion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases