[Mildly OT] Shadowrun action figure game

James McMurray

First Post
Has anyone here played this game? We've got a few of the figures and the game is pretty fun.

The real reason for my post is because I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that the Troll Combat Mage has a squashed cat stuck to the bottom of his foot. On of my players pointed that out at tonight's D&D section and we all laughed for at least ten minutes! :D

Last edited:

Metus

First Post
Being a huge SR fan, I bought the entire first series ASAP. I gotta say, while I enjoy the detail of the figures, the game itself kind of falls flat. All it comes down to is moving forward in a straight line and rolling dice. Not too much strategy, unfortunately. HeroClix is better.

There's a forum devoted to it on Dumpshock. That squashed cat was one of the first things that was pointed out.

Glyfair

Explorer
Right now the figures are great and the gameplay is ok. Yes, it's an exercise in rolling dice, but there is strategy to choosing the proper dice for a round and which dice you are using for what action (especially in the advanced game).

In September WizKids is supposed to start releasing some "Shadowruns," scenarios using the advanced rules. I've heard the gameplay in those is a lot more satisfactory, but I really don't have any details except what can be found in the advanced rules (which you need to download from the WizKids site).

Tsyr

Explorer
Bought them all from series one, and I have the exclusive Kellan Colt figure from a magazine promo. Love the detail, can't wait until series 2 and 3.

James McMurray

First Post
I'm just waiting for a place where I can slip a half-fiend Titan into my epic campaign so the party can fight the Troll Combat Mage. :)

I already got to use my large wooden dragon for the group's most recent fight with an epic red dragon. I bought it for its craftsmanship at a ren faire and was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to have exactly the face of a Colossal dragon from 3.0. :)

Vocenoctum

First Post
Tsyr said:
Bought them all from series one, and I have the exclusive Kellan Colt figure from a magazine promo. Love the detail, can't wait until series 2 and 3.

I can't wait for S2, since I plan on stealing the Street Sam's jacket and sword for my elf :)
I want the SK guard too.

I've decided to get some for my nieces and nephew, they'll appreciate them, I'm sure...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases