Mutants and Masterminds: The Heroes of Freedom [Recruit, Check Waiting List]

Hammerhead

Explorer
Inspired by other games I play in on these boards, I am starting my own Mutants and Masterminds PbP game, set in Freedom City.

Currently, I am looking for a group of five to seven players who can post reliably, generally once every two days at the minimum. If you have to stop posting for an extended period of time or you wish to quit, please let me know.

For those unfortunate enough to be unfamiliar with the Freedom City universe, Freedom City is a metropolis on the Eastern seaboard set in a mostly four color universe. Knowledge of the Freedom City campagin world is preferred, but not necessary.

I use the standard Mutants and Masterminds rules, with a few changes. I use the Knockback rules option. Also, I've eliminated ramming attacks, and any Quirks must have specific rules effects as debilitating as the other Weaknesses. Characters will start at PL 10.

In addition to character sheets, please post your character's appearance, powers, background, and personality.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Player/Character List

Victim/Sam
?/?
Tokiwong/Black Crane
Agamon/Chloro
ES2/The Man With No Name
Brother Shatterstone/Mind Mistress
Garyh/Wynter

Waiting List: Andrew D. Gable, Darth Ecks, Master Pugs, WhatKu, Mark Chance, Calinon

Last edited:

ES2

First Post
I want in on this game. A PL 10, notta problem. I've been wanting to play this game for so long.

I'll work out a character concept idea I have.

A question: Are you going to be using the optional rules in the FAQ about making skill points cost 1 Point to give us 2, or 3, skill points for use with skills?

Here's a concept - he's this guy that was in the military, and served it well. He was in it for ten years before they got this budget, and they did an experiment on him. He was one of ten specially chosen soldiers for this experiment. During the experiment, he went into a coma, and was in a coma for 5 years. Therefore, they thought he was a failure and cast him aside. Then he wakes up, with strange abilities, and no real memory of anything that happened to him previous to waking up, so his quirk, if acceptable, is that he has amnesia about who he really is, and what his life was like, but he has a bunch of skills (combat skills, knowledges on some things that he doesn't remember studying for) and some cool powers that he doesn't know how he got. So, part of this character's concept is going to be self discovery, part of him is afraid of his past, and he may, and may not, be hunted by the military once they find out that their experiment was really a success (all the other test subjects died, or so they think) and they may want to retrieve him.

My character wouldn't know all this. All he knows going into the game is that he recently woke up, lives on the streets, and has some cool powers and skills he doesn't remember getting. At the time of this game, he would be 33 (joined the military at 18), and has no ties to his family. He doesn't know if he got married or not, if he has children, things like that. He doesn't know squat, but he can kick some butt.

Also, the goal of the experiment, I don't know about that so that's up to you to decide. I was thinking, though, that the experiment was them putting nanobots into his system, which caused his system to almost die, hence the coma, and it took 5 years for his body to fully adjust to the nanobots (I guess that would mean he's worth some money to them, nanobots would cost billions I bet).

Now, I'm just trying to think what some cool powers would develop with the nanobots merging with his system. :D

What do you all think?

Tokiwong

First Post
Concept: Nothing firmed out yet, but thinking an agile martial artist, a street ninja, kind of thing, or maybe a modern wuxia fighter, with an enchanted blade, and awesome fighting ability, tied to some kind of magic amulet, that confers onto her the spirit of some ancient sword saint hero, her ancestor... of course she is nothing like the hero, and that brings ehr guardian spirit nothing but anguish and frustration, as he tries to make her into the hero he knows she can be

Agamon

Adventurer
My concept is that of a human/plant hybrid. He's a 'failed' experiment of Dr. Nathan Grovemont before he became The Green Man. Before trying to develop his morphological stimulator, he tried splicing human genes with that of a plant in an attempt to create a 'plant person' His experiments led to plants with brains that could think for themsleves. Tests showed them to be more human than plant, and he considered the experiment a failure (though it eventually led to his transformation into The Green Man). He destroyed all of the subjects before they became sentient enough for self-preservation, but he carelessly left one barely alive, and it eventually regained it's health.

I'll expand on this tomorrow.

Victim

First Post
Hmm. I was thinking of an immortal dimensional wandering character. However, my tenative, unfinished build seems like it would be rather similar to Toki's character in abilities.

Maybe I could play Captain Invisible, the super tough guy.

Remove ads