Quick question about dojos

MidKnight

First Post
Dojos can align themselves with more than one brown belt right?? I though I read it somewhere but can't access it right now (for obvious reasons.)

Wicht

Hero
hmm...

I just discovered there is nothing on taking oaths in the advancement page...

I was thinking but I may have it backwards that fighters can only pledge themselves to a single brown belt but could be joined to more than one red belt.

Like I said I may have it backwards.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Well Wicht, the Oaths don't happen till Great Master which is the rank above Brown belt. This (and the other 'Master' ranks) were never put into the rules because they were still being playtested I believe. Luckily I printed them out before all those threads dissapeared, so I have hard copies here.

Under 'Brown Belt, Dojo Grandmaster' it says "Existing or new Green Belts may ask to serve the Brown Belt. The entire Dojo becomes part of the Grandmaster Group record."

So it does not say that a dojo can serve multiple Brown Belts, but it doesn't say you can't either!

As for the Oaths, they also don't say one way or the other if one fighter can take Oaths with multiple Masters. Flavor wise, I would think that this should not be allowed, but that's my take.

Last edited:

graydoom

First Post
Wicht said:
hmm...

I just discovered there is nothing on taking oaths in the advancement page...

I was thinking but I may have it backwards that fighters can only pledge themselves to a single brown belt but could be joined to more than one red belt.

Like I said I may have it backwards.

Sadly, the dojo grandmaster, enlightened master, and so on never got really, truly finalized and as such never got added to the advancement page, IIRC.

I remember it being that you can pledge yourself to only one brown belt or dojo grandmaster, but can pledge yourself to as many enlightened masters as you want.

MidKnight

First Post
I don't know if that would be the case or not - but the problem that arises is this:

Lady Tsin is on hiatus and seemed to be killing off her character in her last posts (all of which are on the old boards, which I didn't get the chance to look over before they were closed.) With her gone, there is no leadership - now I know that I'm a poor substitute for her, but I believe that she was attempting to hand over the 'reigns' of leadership to another when she held the tourny. Most all of the active dojos had sworn allegence to her, but with her gone, it becomes meaningless and pointless.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
I think the rule ought to be only one dojo master at a time for a dojo - but thats just my take.

Oops about the oaths - I was thinking they kicked in earlier...

Sadly, under the current set up, dojos that were pledged to Lady Tsin may not switch their allegiance - strange but true - we got to make it a little better for the newer rules - my suggestion is this - a person who wants to switch teachers may do so, but must prior to doing so, drop their dojo style and win a fight without it - as soon as they win that next fight, moving from say yellow 1 to yellow 2 sans dojo they may join another dojo. You may not switch dojos by winning a fight if you did not declare you were switching before the fight started and swore off allegiance to your old dojo. In other words you have to burn your bridges.

graydoom

First Post
Wicht said:
Sadly, under the current set up, dojos that were pledged to Lady Tsin may not switch their allegiance - strange but true - we got to make it a little better for the newer rules - my suggestion is this - a person who wants to switch teachers may do so, but must prior to doing so, drop their dojo style and win a fight without it - as soon as they win that next fight, moving from say yellow 1 to yellow 2 sans dojo they may join another dojo. You may not switch dojos by winning a fight if you did not declare you were switching before the fight started and swore off allegiance to your old dojo. In other words you have to burn your bridges.

Sounds good to me! And makes sense, at that!

MidKnight

First Post
So the semi-final word on dojo alignment is that they cannot change (even though the player has left the game)?

Wish I would have thought of that when I was deciding between brown and red belt...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases