Mini Carrying case

How do you people carry your minis around? what kind of case? How protective are you of your minis?

I'm really asking the people that have a "large" collection of minis that they carry around a lot (to games, of course). What do you use so that the minis stay classified and don't break?

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

AR

Henry

Autoexreginated
Yellow fishing tackle box - same case I keep my dice in. I just shove on the lid 'till the lead molds enough to let the lid close.

This is also why I've enjoyed the new D&D mini's so much - I can dump 'em in a box and not have to worry about broken swords and dangly bits.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Yeah, I have that battlehive, too. It's really a great case (though the foam inserts could be improved). The big problem I have now is I need a good small case to carry two or three minis around, rather than my entire collection. I found one small case, but it was for figures considerably smaller than mine.

Harlock

First Post
Plastic or pewter?

Pewter I have in a nice, hard-side-plastic, molded, foam-line case with slots cut into the foam to protect my hard work and beautiful paint jobs. It's from Games Workshop and runs around... maybe 30 bucks? Been a while since I got it.

Plastic, like the new WotC line? I'm with Henry, almost. I picked up some cheap, $1.99, plastic, non-lined, translucent, plastic cases from my local Hobby Lobby arts and crafts store. I picked up three over by the beads aisle and have over a hundred minis crammed into them, despite their only having 16 smaller sots and 1 larger slot. They are much wider and deeper than the foam slots in my GW case and can hold quite a few minis in each slot. Heck, I can fit two large creaures (dire boars) in one large slot and still have room to pile a few other minis in there if I wanted too. I even have some large wooden buttons that are meant to serve as tables in case my players get into a barroom brawl.

All in all, it depends on how much you care about your minis. I've been to many a Warhammer night at the LGS and seen everything from expensive metal cases that you could throw off of a cliff and still recover your minis in fair condition to shoeboxes loaded with some of the most beautifully painted undead I have ever seen.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
In the olden days I always used a fishing tackle box, with the trays lined with whatever foam I could get my hands on (often what came in the boxed sets of the minis).

I picked up an Army Transport some time ago, and like it mostly, but I have found that over-packing it can make the vinyl split somewhat near where the straps connect to the body of the case. Be careful about that, though it has proven otherwise servicable.

Recently I picked up a new, modular case system Charon Products (specifically the *ENnie Award Nominated* CHN 5001 Gamer's Satchel) which includes an insert case for the miniatures. You can (and I did) also pick up extra CHN 5002 Insert Case(s). I like idea of being able to have one or two of these filled with the minis I plan to use for a given adventure/session to avoid carrying the whole collection around.

Anyway, that's my story... :D

KenM

Banned
Banned
How can this post have like 7 replies and only 2 views? Edit: must be fixed now.

Last edited:

mistergone

First Post
Gah! Threads like these always make me want to buy something to tote and store (or mainly, use for moving) my Heroclix collection. Only... I have yet to see a case that can comfortably hold 300+ figures, especially on clix bases.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases