Grrr....

tetsujin28

First Post
Every time I come back to these boards, they seem to look different, and are slower than before (thanks to my mighty 56.6K modem). And this time I had to re-register. Grrr...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It's all about you, isn't it? :D

I'm afraid I have very little sympathy for you. Morrus has been spending dozens and dozens of hours, as well as lots of cash, setting up these new boards. They should be more stable, they have lots of features, and they should move us forward into the new year. And you're complaining because you had to spend five minutes re-registering? Waah. *grin*

Of course, the other obvious answer is hang out here more, and they'll seem to change less.... Seriously, it's good to see you back.

Bass Puppet

First Post
God Bless En Boards! But please find some way to speed things up. Even with my Cable modem, I am feeling like I am using a Dial-Up connection every time I come here.

I don't need every bell and whistle if it's gonna make me wait 30 sec after every post.

....."Submit Reply"..............please post this time........please post this time........

A2Z

Explorer
I think, once the rush to re-register stops the boards should start going faster. I'm pretty sure the slow down is due to everyone trying to register at once. Give it a week or two to calm down and we'll probably see an increase in the speed of the forums.

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Darkness said:
Strange... For me, EN World usually is quite fast...

It's interesting; the last time we tried to se the new boards, they were really slow for me (10 times as long, give or take). Now, despite the rush of people, they're going faster. I propose the following formula for calculating the speed change between boards:

20x^5 times slower (x^-5/20 times faster)

where x is a random constant between 0 and 1. (20 times slower to infinitely faster, for non-math geeks ;))

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
CRGreathouse said:

It's interesting; the last time we tried to se the new boards, they were really slow for me (10 times as long, give or take). Now, despite the rush of people, they're going faster. I propose the following formula for calculating the speed change between boards:

20x^5 times slower (x^-5/20 times faster)

where x is a random constant between 0 and 1. (20 times slower to infinitely faster, for non-math geeks ;))
Heh. Sorry that I wasn't clear enough: They are now fast, too; it's just strange that other people with fast internet connections experience problems while I don't. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases