[OT] Invader Zim -- cancelled?

Hand of Vecna

First Post
I'm not sure if there are many Invader Zim fans here, but I've heard that Nickelodeon recently (Jan 17, 2002) cancelled it. I am greatly saddened by this :(

For those of you who've never heard of Zim, Invader Zim is, simply put, THE greatest thing currently on Nickelodeon, and perhaps THE BEST thing to EVER come on Nick. It's a cartoon by Jhonen Vasquez (the same guy who did the comic "Johnny the Homicidal Manianc"), and follows the exploits of Zim, an alien (Irkan) invader sent by The Almighty Tallest (the leaders of the Irkans; social status in Irkan society is based on height) to conquer Earth for them. However, Zim is faily incompetent, and The Almighty Talest know this. Zim is assisted by GIR, a cute, loveable, dumb-as-a-sack-of-hammers robot. Zim, disguised as a human child, attends Skool (yes, that is how it's spelled on the building) in an attempt to 'blend in' and infiltrate the humans. None of the other kids or teachers seem to notice Zim is an alien (despite his green skin), except for Dib, the son of Professor Membrane. Dib is something of a paranormal expert, and has taken it upon himself to stop Zim's invasion. Zim's sister, Gaz, is a video game junkie, and is easily annoyed by everything, but loves eating at Bloaty's Pizza Hog.

[[ edited 'cuz I couldn't spell Vasquez's first name correctly... ;) ]]

Last edited:

eXodus

Explorer
this is a terrible day that shall live in infamy

i loved zim.

damn i loved zim, i recorded every episode.

jhonen is the man. jthm, squee, and i feel sick are some of the greatest comic books ever written.

i suggest everyone get off of their arses and read these fine books.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
I signed the petition Saturday!

And, come to think of it, I'm not saddened -- I'm enraged!!! :mad:

Invader Zim did come on this past Sunday, though (1:00 pm EST), so maybe Nick won't yank it off completely...

gregweller

First Post
I signed the petition as well. I'm not sure what this says about the state of comedy in America, but about the only comedies my wife and I watch are the cartoons on Nick ...and no, we don't have any children. At risk of hijacking the thread, I'd be interested to know how many other people without benefit of children watch Nick.

eXodus

Explorer
gregweller said:
I signed the petition as well. I'm not sure what this says about the state of comedy in America, but about the only comedies my wife and I watch are the cartoons on Nick ...and no, we don't have any children. At risk of hijacking the thread, I'd be interested to know how many other people without benefit of children watch Nick.

my wife and i have no children, and we typically only watch invader zim on nick.

we used to watch the glory of ren and stimpy as well during the good old days. ren and stimpy was great until the horrible bastards at nickelodeon decided to wrestle control from the actual writers, animators, and producers and make it 'sanitized.'

oh the humanity!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases