[PR] Monsternomicon preview from Privateer Press!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Looks beautifull! Gives a great feel to the IK setting. Somehow IK is feeling more anime than ever (this is a good thing ;-) don' know how exactly, but it does... WOW!

uv23

First Post
Cool. One little detail that I really appreciate is the scaling picture at the top of the first page. "Large", "huge" and so on just ins't enough. Its really nice to see actual monster<-->human scale.

reutbing0

First Post
wow..

That's pretty impressive ! Nice monster, nice layout, nice writing style, nice art. I think you've sold me a copy ! (if I can hunt it down in The Netherlands when it comes out that is).

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Now one thing is bugging me is this: PP has released 4 or 5 books now and NO source setting. what is the point in releasing all this material and not bringing out the setting book? I would figure you would put out the source book first and then the adventurers to support it but now we have all this material for a setting that might be released in 3months time? What gives? Why have the IK settin been pushed back while these other books trickle out?

Doesn't make sense to me...

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Quality control?

I've been a fan of PP since their first product, and I've never been disappointed with the quality of their work. The setting is rich, and they are working hard to bring out an innovative product. I am definitely willing to wait if it means the same high quality standards and interesting game design that one has come to expect from PP.

There is precedent for bringing out monster books before campaign settings as well, since monster books are useful to people who don't even play in a particular setting (CC1, CC2 and Monsters of Faerun are prime examples).

Believe me, Leopold, I can't wait for the setting book, but I'd much rather wait and get a quality product. In the meantime, I've got plenty of choices for my d20 dollar.

*ahem* FFG *ahem* Dragonstar *cough*

Sorry, got something in my throat. :)

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
d20Dwarf said:
Believe me, Leopold, I can't wait for the setting book, but I'd much rather wait and get a quality product. In the meantime, I've got plenty of choices for my d20 dollar.

*ahem* FFG *ahem* Dragonstar *cough*

Sorry, got something in my throat. :)

Dragonstar: Bought it already waiting for more.

The only thing i had a problem with PP's module is that as the DM you are FORCED into moving the PC's along. The part about getting the pc's onto the boat with the steamjacks in the 2nd module gives you 2 chances. If not your SOL and the module stalls and they are stuck. I prefer a more open ended module that allows free flow within the module and doesn't force the pc's into something.

my .02 cents.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases