Tooth And Claw

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
This ones still a bit out there isn't it? :(

Do we know anything?

What do you expect/hope to see?

Me, I'm hoping for 2 things,

1) Complete PHB style writeup for every intelligent monster in the monsterous manual or at least all those listed in the DMG. With the whole thing, lands, sample names and all. Also the age, weight and height tables for all these races.

2) All the stuff converted from the old Monster Mythology books.

Terraism

Explorer
Umm... you've got high hopes, don't you?

Actually, I'm hoping for some - not really hard-and-fast rules, but at least consistent ones - on Level Adjustment. (No offense Soldarin - I love your system... but I can't see Wizards putting out a book about playing monsters without that. On the other hand... they're not exactly defining CR either, are they?) Anyway, beyond that, I'd like to see many of the low LA races, (other humanoids, such as goblins and ogres,) statted up PHB style, as well as some examples of how to use odd races - things with high Level Adjustments and things that have unbalanced stats (such as something with enough special abilities to make it 'equivalent' to a 9th level character but having only one HD, for example...) I'd like to see a variety of different things, with examples from all different ranges, to serve as templates to follow for doing our own.

I don't know what the old Monster Mythology books are, so I can't comment on them, but in case they're what I think they may be... I'd also like to see new gods. Now, I know that they'll probably be covered in the Dieties book, but I'd at least like some mentions of inhuman (or, indwarf, inelf, inhalfling... etc.) pantheons... just maybe a half page per race. I'd be interested, for example, a small blurb on the gods that, say, kobolds worship. That kind of thing. Names, quick info, and domains. Thanks very much. :)

graydoom

First Post
I'd like to see better guidelines for creating your own races and assigning an ECL.
I'd like to see better guidelines on ECLs in general.
I'd like to see feats and maybe prestige classes for some of the monstrous races that are more likely to become PCs or NPCs.
I'd like to see new skills or new uses for old skills.
I'd like to see more information on monstrous gods.
I'd like to see information on the cultures of monstrous races, and what motivates some of them to go adventuring (see the whole writeup mentioned by Darwin).
I'd like to see tips for DMs who want to know how to incorporate ECLs, whether high or low, into their campaign.
I'd like to see the complete writeup mentioned by Darwin, but I'm not holding out for it.

If WotC puts even half of that stuff in Tooth and Claw, I will buy it.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Finkin Swiftfingers said:
Just give me the write up for Kobolds. I will not be denied by all the DM's from playing my favorite race. :D
Kobolds are easy, dude; just grab 'em right from the MM, don't add water, and you're set... :)

As for T&C: As long as it gives me good guidelines for calculating ECL, the rest of the book can be blank pages, for what I care. ;) (Not really, but I think you now can imagine where my priorities lie. :))

Grim

First Post
I definatly want to see all the good Low CR monsters in there: Saugwin, Gnolls, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Orcs, Kobolds, Drow, Grimlocks... Especially Goblins. Goblins are just cool...
I want to see Actual Cohesive Rules on level adjustment.
I want to see new feats for Monsters trying to fit in.
I want to see sections on DM incorperation of Monsters.
I want to see extra rules on creating Uncivilized towns, like odd power structures, How an underground cave system would be populated.
I want to see (maybe) rules for Dungeon Ecology, with material about how an uncivilized race, say goblins, would inhabit a given place. IE how much food they would need, where it would come from, how they would deal with wandering monsters, etc.

As greydoom says, even if only half this stuff is in the book, I would still buy it...

LightPhoenix

First Post
I doubt we'll see "hard and fast" rules on ECL, CR, or any other such statistic. 3E's philosophy on such things seems to be "shoot-from-the-hip".

I would like to see some write-ups of the lesser used monsters - Orcs, Kobolds, the easy ones, I can grab those straight out of the MM and use them.

Horde tactics :D

Just a personal thing, but I'd like to see a list of all the gods mentioned in the MM, and a short write-up, nothing big, mainly like what the PHB gods got.

What I expect to see are some prestige classes for specific monster types (like the ones published in Dragon). Feats made for creatures which enhance certain special qualities, attacks, et cetera. Specifically, Ability Focus, since I've seen it used a couple of times on the site. A few new uses for skills, new languages and knowledge skills. A bit about monster strongholds. Maybe a chapter on using monsters, a page or two on monstrous PCs.

Sound familiar?

LightPhoenix

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases