How to tell when you have an ungrateful crybaby as a PC!

Ds Da Man

First Post
1. Whines consistently about how right he is, when it's in the world you made, or campaign you planned.
2. Consistently argues over the rules! Even after you say you want it this way, and rule 0 something. That when the real crying starts.
3. Begins to post on boards, hoping to gain support, even though we all know that all he has to do is LEAVE THE STINKING GAME.

;)

Zhure

First Post
Not to try to turn this into a useful thread or anything, but it does make me wonder what's the easiest way to dispose of a problem player? I don't mean the ol' trash compactor, I mean how one breaks the news that they aren't welcome anymore.

I don't currently have this problem, but have encountered it before. My earlier solutions were less than palatable, primarily involving changing the schedule to something I knew they couldn't make.

Greg

UD

First Post
My group in Dragonstar got the player who they wabted rif ofs character to commit suicide... it was most... amusing... they didn't like him, he didn't like them...

Hes never played in a group where paranoia isnt played as a seperate game... *Thinks* Im not sure if thats a good thing or not...

Last edited:

Ds Da Man

First Post
Well, what I was getting at was the time invovled in being DM, along with the responsibility. I had to be DM for along time because many of our group was still new to it. I spent hours preparing adventures, and hated when someone started preaching rules to me. Since the fellows were young (weve been playing for about 6 years now), I understood their initial fascination with min/max, but wanted to break them into an equal group. Now some of them have their own groups, and I still have four of the original members, plus two new ones, who have followed the same course. I always tryed to be fair to all, but sometimes I had to be a harda$$. I think if your not happy, then leave and don't show back up next time, before hard feelings start. If asked why later, tell him the truth, you didn't like it. Dont let those bad feelings come to worse words, and then hatred.

Chimera

First Post
About a year ago, I had to tell one of my oldest friends that he was no longer welcome in my D&D games. He was cheating. I knew it, he knew it, everyone complained about it. He was also a load. He'd just come over, drink most of a 6-pack of beer and a bunch of scotch, sleep until his turn to attack, then simply declare that he hit and start rolling damage.

Him: "I hit" (starts rolling 3 damage dice)
Me : "what did you roll to hit?"
Him: "Um..." (looks for his d20, finds it IN THE BAG and rolls it) "that's a hit"
Me: "What did you roll?"
Him: "a hit"
Me: "oh really? and your other two attacks???"
Him: (acts exasperated, then rolls twice) "Hit and Hit"
Me: "You hit three times every round for seven rounds when you needed to roll a 16?"
Him: "um....yes." (and starts rolling damage again)

When I told him he wasn't welcome anymore, he became upset and began denying everything. He never cheated, he never slept, he never got drunk. He always paid attention, he was always involved. Yeah, yeah, sure "friend".

As it was, our friendship was pretty much over by the time we got to that point, and that was the last straw for me. I did hear from two friends who said that he cornered them at parties for months afterwards, complaining bitterly about how I had kicked him out of my game. Oh gee darn.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases