Theocracy vs. Magocracy: who would win?

uv23

First Post
Two nations go to war. One is a theocracy whose army sports fighters, paladins and clerics. The second is a magocracy, whose army consists of fighters and wizards. Their numbers are equal.

Who wins the war and why? :)

drothgery

First Post
The theocracy. You've stated that their army has paladins. Ergo, they're the good guys. This being D&D, in the long run the good guys always win.

Randolpho

First Post
The Thieves Guild. Both the magocracy and theocracy kick each others asses, decimating both countries. The thieves guild in both form an alliance and take over the two countries.

Zhure

First Post
Whichever one the DM wants to win.

My money's on the theocracy.

Theocracy advantages:
No XP for resurrections
better average hit points
paladins

Magocracy advantages:
a few unique spells
more cohorts

Greg

uv23

First Post
This isn't about who the DM wants to win. Its just a thought that crept into my head and I thought it interesting. So assume no bias or no extra favors on the "good guys."

Crothian

First Post
Well, if d20 is so balanced like it's supposed to be, then everyone dies. :D

But we all know that isn't true. Theology buffs up the fighters and paladins and they decimate the Magocracy's fighter. But the Magocracy themselves have the better combat spells and destroy the paladins and fighters. With most or all the spells used up the Theocracy wins cause they actually have fighting skills.

Tylias

First Post
Presuming that the theocracy's god(s) is/are in their favor, the theocracy wins.

game world deities sit just below the DM on the totem pole.

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Even without direct divine intervention, theocracy wins.

The blasting powered magi will take an early lead, but the healing ability will let the clerics win the battle of attrition.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases