Lankhmar d20?

AFGNCAAP

First Post
It's nice to be mentioned.

And so far, I've haven't had much progress with it. More or less due to a few factors:

*Reading the source material: The key thing for me is going over the books, both Leiber's works, plus the adaptations which have come before (& see if they're justifyable). I want to try to be able to provide stuff for those who want to keep strictly to the setting of the stories, yet also be able to provide a slightly more flexible setting which allows for games which more or less keep with the spirit of the setting, but have some tolerances.

*Seeing what low-magic stuff's out there: Sovereign Stone is on my mind at the moment, but I'm not sure whether or not it would work. Not sure if I'd have to convert Sovereign Stone stuff to fit Lankhmar or not.

*Ease of use: Ideally, I'd like to make something which won't require access to several books in order to use the material provided. Though I like the idea of the shugenja-like schools which I mentioned in the aforementioned link, I'm not sure I want to refer to a book which I'll use very little material from---the classes & most of the races aren't feasible for Lankhmar. Then again, a fair number of classes & races from the core rulebooks aren't useable for Lankhmar, either. Then again, a lot of the material that's out there is out of print---I have access to it. but that doesn't mean other players will. I would really like this stuff to be useable by new players who're just getting into D&D as well as for the old fans who have either or both of the Parkinson-cover paperback sourcebooks.

This is a hobby of mine (a quite fun one at that), & with a lot of other real-world priorities haunting me (a real, full-time job w/ benefits, paying off bills, & other nice big headaches), it's somethign I've been working on piecemeal. The key thing is figuring out the magic-using classes, prestige classes, & the races: with that foundation, I can start attempting stat blocks for the big NPCs: Fafhrd, Mouser, Sheelba, Ningauble, & all the rest.

I'm shooting for something pretty much like the d20 systems/games recently presented in Polyhedron---say what the changes are to the rules, a bit of background info, & that's it.

Glad to see there's some interest in good ol' Lankhmar....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases