bite/claw/claw/wing/wing/tail in 6 seconds??

7thlvlDM

Explorer
This post could arguably go into the rules forum, but I'm pretty sure I'm interpretting the rule correctly, it's the visualization that escapes me.

How does something as big as a house (refering to dragons) make 6 attacks with different appendages in 6 seconds? Furthermore, as far as I can determine, there is no requirement that these attacks must be spread between multiple opponents. How do you bite someone quick enough to hit it with your tail while maneuvering to swipe at it with both wings???

Now that's talent. And they say these beasts have a dexterity of 10!

-7th

Echoes

First Post
You know, I never really thought of that before. Come to think of it, a dragon using all of it's attacks in one round would probably create some sort of sonic boom...heh heh...

*REND REND CHOMP THUMP THUMP WHACK!* Henceforth, that will be my dragon attack sound.

Laters,
-John-

Crothian

First Post
no differnet then the whirlwind attack at all eight people surrounding you, or the hasted mage that cast 3 fireballs in a round (one quickened), or the great cleaving barbarianwho falls all eith of the people around him, the monk that moves 450ft in 6 seconds (monk with run feat). That's 150 yards, that shatters the 100m dash world record. There's alway a few things in a RPG that is hard to visualize or reason out.

Also, realize he's doing many of those actions at the same time.

Edit: Answered question

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
You have never been owned by a cat. :p The only attack they don't have is the tail.

They would pounce or fly by. If they pounce, they wrap target into a ball, their weight crushing the foe, they bite to the head, the claws ripping or holding the target, the tail could stab or bat at a foe.

Wolfspider

Explorer
The only attack they don't have is the tail.

Ahh, I see you have one of those rare winged cats. Very nice... ;)

Seriously, you're right about cats. In six seconds an angry cat's attack routine goes something like this: bite/bite/claw/claw/claw/claw/rake/rake/glare menacingly

A 1st level commoner doesn't stand a chance. :D

leaghe

First Post
I shouldn't be revealing this... but hey!

Sometimes, without telling the players, I extend the round to seven or eight seconds so the dragon doesn't lose its tail attack. Most times the players never notice I've 'warped time'. If they do comment on it, I lie and say that it is due to the disorienting effects of a dragon's breath weapon.

I know that a 7 1/2 second round throws off game balance, but I only do it for dragons.

Leaghe

Well I break this up a bit.

A tail attack can only happen to someone flanking or behind the dragon. Also a wing can only hit someone to that side of the dragon.

So if you are right in front of a dragon he is limited to claws and bites.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases