info on godlike if you please

eXodus

Explorer
godlike, godlike, godlike

and i am not talking anything to do with KMFDM (though they are one of my favorite bands.

tell me about the upcoming d20 superhero game godlike!

please.:cool:

Vrylakos

First Post
Godlike

First off:

It's got d20 rules in it, but they're sort of an addendum. It has its own rules set, which is pretty interesting.

Second of all: It's going to be out in stores Feb 5th.

Third: you can get a quick play download, using the regular Godlike rules (not the d20 conversion by Mike Mearls) at:

http://www.hobgoblynn.com/godlike/

That site also has some excellent support material.

Also, a discussion group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GODLIKE/

There you go.

VRYLAKOS

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Man...that is going to RULE!

Using superpowers to smash the Axis!

How long do you think it will be before they release a supplement allowing you to be Axis heros?

Vrylakos

First Post
No Axis?

Hey Teflon-Billy:

From what I understand, that probably will not happen. Apparently all German Ubermenschen are inducted into the SS, part of the Talents=Racial Superiority idea the Nazis in the game setting have.

The SS... were not good people, and the makers of Godlike seem to believe that if you play an Axis Talent, you're part of one of the worst evils mankind has ever known. The average German soldier may not have known what was going on in the concentration camps and so on, but the SS certainly did. Would you want to play a character who supported and believed in such a regime?

I've asked the Godlike folks to clarify, and will post the reason as soon as they give it, but the above paragraph is my best recollection...

VRYLAKOS

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I think the original printing of Aeon/Trinity (the Whitewolf Superhero game) made many of the same claims about the Abberants.

I think it took them about a year before Abberant was released.

Never underestimate the buying publics appetite for "kewl" (or the selling public's appetite for "salez")

Vrylakos

First Post
Well...

Well, I think Quantakinesis was ruled as "Never to be published!" by Andrew Bates, but Aberrant might actually have been in the cards from day one.

That said, Pagan Publishing is not the Game Whore Monster that White Wolf is. Pagan would like to make money, but want to put out games they respect.

White Wolf, IMO, is the opposite. They want to respect the games they put out, but money and profit are the real master.

IMO, of course... and it's not like I don't buy games from them. It's just that Pagan Publishing impresses me (Delta Green, and so on), while White Wolf stopped doing that a long time ago.

VRYLAKOS

Vrylakos

First Post
BTW

Hey, Billy:

You can go to the Godlike website and download their quick play rules, and a mission that you can play, along with sample characters. The mission is pretty cool...

I'm going to be running it next weekend...

VRYLAKOS

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I hear you man:)

I still remember the day I wrote off White Wolf. We were standing in our local gaming store looking at the new releases and we saw Tribebook Gurahl. A big thick book about playing a type of character ofwhich there are about three or four examples left in the world of darkness.

The friend I was with summe dit up best: "Oh good. Just what the World of Darkness needed--something else to be"

Vrylakos

First Post
This is from Dennis Detwiler, one of the authors of the game, regarding playing German Talents. It seems I was partially wrong, but hey at least I did my research after the fact:

Dennis says...

I'm currently finishing up "Will to Power" so the subject's pretty fresh in my mind.

In GODLIKE, the Übermenschen are brought under the direct control of the SS in 1941 (Hitler, fearing their power, requires them to become members of the SS.) Before 1941, many Übermenschen served in the Heer, Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe. If you want to play one of the Übermenschen in one of these
organizations before consolidation, that's fine­­most who served in these organizations were neither Nazis or happy with the racial doctrines of the Third Reich.

The SS are another matter.

Not only were they trained to be ruthless and remove all threats to the Nazi party­­the Waffen-SS was designed to be the "first wave" into captured satellites of the Reich, removing Jews, Gypsies, Polish Intelligentsia, Commissars, and Freemasons, among others. The SS (all of it, including the Waffen-SS) was a force sworn to enact the will of Adolf Hitler, they not only enjoyed what they did, they were very, very good at it.

Waffen-SS apologists will often say "many in the Waffen-SS knew nothing of the policies of the Nazis against the Jews" which is utter crap. Not only did the Waffen-SS draw heavily from staffs at Death Camps for field personnel, after 1941, Waffen-SS members often were initially trained at Death Camps, and received their pay through the Death camp system.

All in all, the SS was perhaps the most efficient evil of our time.

Now, that said, there are options to play Übermenschen members of the Heer, Kreigsmarine and Luftwaffe, and there's the option of the "Enemy Within" where you play Übermenschen involved in the conspiracy to kill Hitler.

Hope this clears things up,
-Dennis

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases