Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Poll closed .

Zhure

First Post
Let's try this out for real. Maybe we can get better data. What're the best THREE classes?

Also, let's see if I can do this without corking it up.

I messed up and left out Fighter. Sheesh. I'm a sofa king.

Should've combined Wiz/Sor together, then I could've done all the cores.

Greg

Last edited:

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
I voted for the Cleric, Wizard and Sorcerer. The reasons why should be clear. I considered replacing the Sorcerer with Rogue, but I think that a Sorcerer is still a bit better.

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Well, since it is not possible to say "fighter", I chose Cleric, Rogue and Wizard.

However, this was answered on the premise it is the best three classes for powergaming purposes. Had it been for roleplay opportunities, I would have answered "all", although Bard, Paladin and Sorcerer maybe more.

Hmm. I am very thankful that the Fighter is not under those classes, since I do not know what I had to choose then - Ranger or Fighter? :)

But for real combat orientated characters I must say that adding some levels of Fighter is a good idea, but pure Fighter seem to become boring...

Oh, I voted Bard, Ranger, Rogue. (I love playing my bard character... :) )
Though I have to admit that all of the classes seem to be fun to play...

Mustrum Ridcully

sotmh

First Post
Well, from a crunchie standpoint, I'll go with Cleric, Rogue, Fighter. If you include Psionics, replace Fighter with Psychic Warrior.

Reasons:
Clerics allow groups to handle encounters that are too difficult to handle without a cleric. They also include many save or be neutralized spells, plus they can be adequate combatants. No other class is more capable of dealing with undead. The selection of domains allows a cleric to fit a specific role in the party not already covered by another PC.

Rogues allow groups to bypass hazards that would be difficult to overcome without a rogue. Their sheer number of useful skills along with the large number of skill points to allocate to them means there are few situations where a rogue is not useful. They are also capable in combat, one of the few classes that can keep up with the melee damage output of Fighters, though only against opponents that are vulnerable to sneak attacks.

Fighters, few groups can last without some kind of main combatant. While other classes can fit this role, none do it better than the Fighter. With the number of feats a fighter gets, he can be useful in a diverse number of combat situations. It is difficult for other classes to keep up with a fighter in terms of damage per turn consistently throughout the fighters career largely due to Weapon Specialization. Fighters also have a decent life expectancy; with better hit points than most other classes, they are less subject to dying from incidental damage.

Note that all these classes also offer a great deal of versatility when building them, allowing players to tailor the class to suit the campaign even without resorting to multiclassing. This is a powerful "hidden feature" that many other classes **coughmonkcough** don't have.

sotmh

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
sotmh: Psychic Warriors... my favorite class. However, from a pure power standpoint, I'm very surprised you did not include a Sorcerer or Wizard. They can do almost anything, and at higher levels they are basically unstoppable.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases