[OT] Justice League -- Lord Hades is a Dwarf?

Hand of Vecna

First Post
On last night's Justice League, they introduced the evil sorcerer Felix Faust, and in the cartoon he's serving Lord Hades (who is apparently trapped under Themyscria).

Lord Hades was voiced by John Rhys-Davies, the same actor who played Gimli in LotR:FotR.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Hand of Vecna said:
... John Rhys-Davies, the same actor who played Gimli in LotR:FotR.
John Rhys-Davies also has played quite a few other roles that most role-players might recognize... :D

Hand of Vecna

First Post
yeah, he was a voice in the computer game "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance," Johnny Windsor in The Great White Hype, Professor Maximillian P. Arturo on Sliders, the voice of MacBeth on Disney's Gargoyles, the voice of Thor on the Fantastic Four cartoon (1994 version), Agent Michael Malone in The Untouchables, Challenger in The Lost World and Return to the Lost World, Sallah in Raiders o fthe Lost Ark & Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin in Trial of the Incredible Hulk, the Werewolf Anton Webber in Waxwork, and Vasco Rodrigues in Shogun.

Wanna know more? Go here!

A2Z

Explorer
Hand of Vecna said:
Professor Maximillian P. Arturo on Sliders, the voice of MacBeth on Disney's Gargoyles,

Those were both such good shows. Whatever happened to Gargoyles? I never found out how it ended. Come to think of it I never found out how Sliders ended either. Of course once they started swiching characters around it went downhill. :(

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Hand of Vecna said:
yeah, he was a voice in the computer game "Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance," Johnny Windsor in The Great White Hype, Professor Maximillian P. Arturo on Sliders, the voice of MacBeth on Disney's Gargoyles, the voice of Thor on the Fantastic Four cartoon (1994 version), Agent Michael Malone in The Untouchables, Challenger in The Lost World and Return to the Lost World, Sallah in Raiders o fthe Lost Ark & Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade, Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin in Trial of the Incredible Hulk, the Werewolf Anton Webber in Waxwork, and Vasco Rodrigues in Shogun.

Wanna know more? Go here!
And "Paladin" from Wing Commander III onward. :) And I've seen about half of these things... Damn, he gets around, huh? :p

der_kluge

Adventurer
speaking of Justice League, since when is Green Lantern black?

Is my memory failing me? Didn't Green Lantern used to be a white guy?

Or am I mistaken?

BenBrown

First Post
die_kluge said:

Or am I mistaken?

There have been at least four "regular" green lanterns since the character first showed up. One of them was black.

There were also numerous other green lanterns--indeed, a whole Green Lantern Corps.

Villano

First Post
A2Z said:

Those were both such good shows. Whatever happened to Gargoyles? I never found out how it ended.

Gargoyles started out a bit on the weak side, but then, once it got into fantasy heavily, it really took off. It was one of the best animated shows ever.

And then one day, from what I understand, Disney put the word out in the studio that the show was being cancelled. The guy who was the creative backbone of the show (I have no idea what his name is), made arrangements with another studio to come onboard on another series.

Well, Disney decided that they weren't going to cancel the series after all. Unfortunately, this guy had made his plans and couldn't change them.

Apparently, the people in charge of Gargoyles decided to put a brain damaged orangutan in charge because the quality of the show fell right into the toilet. The bad guy (his name began with an "X", but I can't think of it now), after trying to kill the Gargoyles, suddenly becomes a good guy. The Gargoyles identities are revealed to the world and they, ugh, star in a tv series or movie.

Oh, yeah, and all the episode had morals.

Basically, the whole thing degenerated into lowgrade Superfriends crap. And when I say Superfriends, I mean the "Wendy and Marvin" years.

If you didn't see any of these things, count yourself lucky. I sure wish I hadn't.

Neowolf

First Post
die_kluge said:

Or am I mistaken?

Yeah, there have been 4, starting back in the 40's up to the present day.

Alan Scott
Hal Jordan
John Stewart (the one from the JL cartoon)
Kyle Raynor (the current GL in the comics)

I'm not certain that's the right order, and as someone else pointed out, the Lanterns are a sort of intergalactic police force, not just one person.

In case you were wondering, other DC heroes who have had multiple identities are The Flash (3 that I know of), Robin (at least 3, possibly 4), and Green Arrow (2 I think). There are probably others, but that's off the top of my head. :D

FYI, my Avatar over there to the left is the Kyle Raynor GL. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases