Ranger favored ennemy

protheus

First Post
Can you clarify this rule for me

When you choose your favored ennemy do you specified a creature type, such aberation or a specific creature such as beholder???

I know when it come to humanoide they say, that you have specified what kind of humanoids.

It just something i need to clear once and for all,

thx all

Henrix

Explorer
You choose creature type, and subtype for humanoids and outsiders, but not for other types.
I understand Masters of the Wild has some more variants on this, but I have not seen that yet.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
From the ranger entry in the SRD:
Type
• Aberrations
• Animals
• Beasts
• Constructs
• Dragons
• Elementals
• Fey
• Giants
• Humanoid type
• Magical beasts
• Oozes
• Outsider type
• Plants
• Shapechangers
• Undead
• Vermin
* Rangers may not select "humanoid" or "outsider" as a favored enemy, but they may select a more narrowly defined type of humanoid or outsider. A ranger can only select his own race as a favored enemy if he is evil.

--Quoted Spikey

Dr. Zoom

First Post
protheus said:
When you choose your favored ennemy do you specified a creature type, such aberation or a specific creature such as beholder???

You choose the creature type, not a specific creature. For instance, abberations can be chosen as a favored enemy, which includes but is not limited to beholders.

The two exceptions to this rule are humanoids and outsiders. You must choose a "more narrowly defined" type of humanoid or outsider, such as orcs, goblinoids, reptilian humanoids, demons, devils, celestials, etc. MotW has a variant where you may choose outsiders by subtype (evil, good, fire, earth, water, etc.).

MotW also has a variant called defensive favored enemy where your favored enemy bonus applies to your AC as a dodge bonus, and to listen, spot, hide, move silently, and wilderness lore checks. This is especially desirable if you choose favored enemies that are immune to critical hits, and therefore to your favored enemy damage bonus.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases