Boy is it busy!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
At the moment, we're experiencing traffic that exceeds that on Sept. 11th - which was by far the record at the time. A good proportion of these people are busy registering, and others are uploading avatars, trying out polls, looking at the member list and other resource-hungrey features.

I'm afraid we have to put up with these slow-downs until things calm down. I hope that by the weekend, registration will be back to normal levels, as will traffic, and that people will have tired of all the new toys that they can play with.

At least we're not alone - when RPG.net recently transferred to vB, they experienced similar problems as their members all moved to the new forums - and the RPG.net forums are far les highly trafficked than these. RPG.net's problems seem to have calmed down, as I hope ours will.

Logic dictates that things will improve - it is a fact that vB is less resource hungry than UBB.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Its reasons like this that i love this community.

Here's Morrus, having been working like a madman for the last few weeks trying to get the shiny new boards up and runninng for us kids to play with and he still finds the time to apologize to us for the boards being a little slow.

Morrus, you are a very kind and generous person and I only wish i could reach through the monitor and shake you hand.

A suggest a BIG pat on the back for Morrus and all his (and the other Moderators/System Admins) hard, hard work they have done.

Yay Morrus!!!!!

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
You know, Morrus is crazy like that - I don't even want to think about how many hours he's slept in the last few weeks.

In addition, he's been covering the cost of running the servers when the advertising isn't enough... and I don't think it's usually enough.

Way to go, Morrus! I don't know how you put up with us, but I thank you.

A2Z

Explorer
Yes, thank you Morrus! You provide me with a home on teh intraweb and for that you deserve heaps of praise.

Thank you Morrus!! :)

Thanks Morrus.

I said it the other day, but It's worth repeating. For me at the far end of a 56k modem in Australia, these boards are much faster than the old ones.

I believe it has a lot to do with not reloading information every time I press the back button, as the old boards did.

But still, it's a great improvement.

If I could I'd donate money, but I'm unemployed at the moment (and thus reading the boards more than usual).

Duncan

Henry

Autoexreginated
I want to thank you, Morrus, for letting us know what's going on. For a while there, I was worried that it was VBulletin, and not the amount of traffic. I was beginning to worry I would have to stop visiting here at work hours!

Thank goodness I don't have to give up my unethical activities yet. :)

Thank you Morrus/admins/mods/all of you basically!

I dearly love the dedication that you all have for this site -- it is truly an impressive feat!

BTW, I'm a bit low on funds at the moment...would you consider taking my wife for a bit as payment?

(PLEASE!)

---Disclaimer---

I dearly love my wife and everything she does for me, so baby, if you're viewing this -- DON'T BEAT ME AGAIN!!!

---End of Disclaimer---

:D

Last edited:

Remove ads