How far do you travel to game?

• I don't travel: I just roll out of bed like a misshapen die

Votes: 85 29.7%
  • Less than 5 miles (or ~8 km): I would jog there if it weren’t for my low Con

Votes: 53 18.5%
  • 5 - 20 miles (8 - 32 km): Travel is not an issue when I got my horse...I mean car.

Votes: 63 22.0%
  • 20 - 50 miles (32 - 80 km): My party better use some of their treasure to pay for my gas!

Votes: 48 16.8%
  • 50 - 100 miles (80 - 160 km): I love gaming that much!

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • more than 100 miles (160 km): It's not bad, I teleport there.

Votes: 12 4.2%

dkoz

First Post

I'm in the 100+ slot :D. I might be crazy, but I don't care.

Last edited:

I could really vote twice, but I'll just use my current situation to vote with. I used to have a pretty regular campaign to both play in and DM in, but times have changed, and now pretty much the only gaming I get done is with Fayredeth and Mark and several others up at Games Plus, which is about a 40 minute drive for me (more or less depending on traffic and the number of cops I see...lol. I usually cruise up I-355 at 70-80 MPH, so that does shave about 10 minutes off methinks)

scadgrad

First Post
we alternate...

Our group does an "every-other session" type affair, so we game at my house 1/2 the time. Otherwise it's about an 1 1/2 hour trip.

Zerovoid

First Post
Some of my friends who are really into Vampire LARP drive 4 hours or more to game almost every weekend it seems like. Apparently you can only reach your full allotment of experience by travelling absurd distances to play in games in neighboring states :( That's one of the main reasons I never want to play that game.

My DnD games are usually held at my apartment of at one of my friend's apartments or dorm rooms. All pretty close since we are in college. Two of the players live about 40 minutes away, for the others, travel is trivial.

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
I am in three games right now, all of which are bi-weekly. 2 of the games happen on weeknights and are directly on my way home from work. So in effect they are no distance from me...

The other is on alternate Sundays in Olympia, which is an 80 mile drive from my home in North Seattle. If it wasn't for the fact that one of my best buddies from NYC just moved there (and he comes up to Seattle for one of the weeknight games) I probably wouldn't have the stamina to make the commute...

Mixmaster

Explorer
It used to be about 5 miles when I live in Brooklyn and the game was in Brooklyn. But now that I moved, it's about 50 miles by train (NJ Transit), subway and walking. (takes about 3 hours to get there)

Holy Bovine

First Post
For the most part in the game I DM I just do the roll out of bed thing :D

One of my players though is willing to make a 200km journey from Windsor to London just to play in my game. makes me feel so wanted *sniff*

In the game I play in its about 4km to the DM's house and I usually catch a ride with one of the other players (there is limited parking space).

RatPunk

First Post
Double duty

I'm in the "two answers" category as well.

Every other Saturday I host our regular D&D sessions.

On the other Saturdays, some of us usually head to our friendly local game store to hang out, shoot the crap and play CCGs (or whatever else we feel like).

That's about a 30 mile drive (one way).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases