An good ECL 0 cat races

graydoom

First Post
I don't know of any, but they should be pretty easy to make.

Dexterity would be the obvious stat to give a +2 bonus to, though the stat to penalize is pretty hard to decide.
Skill plusses could be given to any three of tumble, jump, climb, spot, listen.
Less damage taken from falling (first 10 feet doesn't deal damage, stacks with all other stuff like this)
A couple more traits, some flavor for your campaign world, and you have a Cat People race!

Darklone

Cats

Las: Vision. And substitution. M:) Never mind.

You could have a look at the Saar in Old Ones Storyhour. Though I would not make them ECL 0 I think ... but they ARE a feline race with ECL 0.

Best thing: Grab some ideas and write something together, we'll tear it to pieces, promised :)

UD

First Post
Re: Mythic Races

Darklone said:
Nearly forgot ... Mythic Races got several cat races... some of them ECL 0. Check that book.
I would check them out as well, MR has some good cat races.

~Joseph~

First Post
This is a race that I typed up last year some time, If you're interested I also have a PrClass for them as well:D

Tigrana
The Tigrana are a people well know through out the world for their graceful movements and their playful carefree nature. Their innate acrobatic skill and musical ability make them a sight to see.

Personality
Tigrans are a playful and light hearted people. They always welcome new comers to join in their fun. They enjoy messing around, being lazy, and playing games, but their passion is for music and forestry. Most Tigran children learn to play the lute or pipe flute by age 5 or 6. They also love to climb trees and walk in the woods, tranquil in the day and play at night. Don’t be deceived however, Tigrans are one of the most feared races when angered. The Tigrana have a saying, “ He who wakes the tiger must be ready to play with him.”

Physical Description
Tigrans tend to be tall and light on their feet. The average tigrana male stands from 6 to 6 1/2 feet tall; females on the other hand, are much smaller, only 5 to 5 1/2 feet tall. The Tigran male weighs about as much as an average human male, about 150 to 175lbs, where females are closer in weight to elven women, only weighing about 90 to 105lbs. Their skin tone can vary from almost an orange to a dark brown, or a pail white to a deep black. Their bodies are banded with stripes, their color can be from light tan to brown or black, and are usually darker than the main skin color. Black Tigrans, however, tend to have light brown stripes. Their hair is usually the same color as their stripes. Eye color can be from brown to gold or black.
Tigrans are also a very unique race in the fact that they have a tail. It’s usually covered in fur and is very feline in nature. It’s length is about 1/2 the characters height.
Tigrans are mature by age 18 and can live up to 80 years.

Relations
Tigrans get along best with halflings and elves. They enjoy the company of humans and gnomes because of their uniqueness in comparison to tigrans. Most mixed races are treated as a novelty and treated as a point of interest of the day. Tigrans tend not to get along well with dwarves because of their stoic and unmoving nature. Tigrans dispose goblinoids and evil humanoid of all kind, and will only grudgingly interact with then, although suspiciously.

Alignment
Tigrans at heart are good and always are helpful when necessary. The also lean towards chaotic because of their flighty and light hearted nature. Their is, however, the occasional evil tigran, who are to be feared and avoided.

Tigran Lands
Tigrana society usually lives in temperate to warm forests in communities from 50 to 100 tigrana.
Tigrans in human lands tend to be performers or adventurers out to explore the world.

Society
The tigrana society is very unique. Most tigrans are treated well as children, but by age 13 are expelled from the parents house to live on their own. Most juveniles live in single sex groups of 2 to 5 tigrans from 13 to 18, called clans. By age 18 a tigran male begins to look for a mate who he will keep for life. The society is ruled by elders and hold great respect in the community. One becomes an elder by age 65.

Religion
Tigrans are not a terribly religious people but on occasion they do worship Ehlonna, goddess of the wood.

Language
Most tigrans speak at least tigran and common. A more learned individual tends to speak elven, gnomish, and silvan as well, some also speak goblin. For writing they use the elven alphabet or a set of hieroglyphics.

Names
Most tigrans have 4 names. Their fist and least used, is the one given to all tigrana children born in a certain year. The second is their childhood name given by their parents. The Third is the name given by his or her juvenile clan. The final is the name given to ones self once reaching adulthood.

Birth Name
Determine your character age first then ask your DM for the appropriate name.
I haven't desided on names yet
Child Name
Male:
Female:

Clan Name
Male:
Female:

Adult
Male:
Female:

Adventurers
A tigran adventurer tends to be looking for fun, for something interesting to do. To explore the world and learn about it. Or may be looking for a “clan” to call his or her own.

Tigrana Racial Traits
+2 Dex +2 Cha, -2 Wis. -2 Con; Their feline nature gives them greater flexibility and can be quite charming at times
+2 move silently, +2 jump, +2 spot, +2 listen, +2 climb(claws), +2 tumble; they naturally are agile, quiet and perceptive
Low-light vision; their feline nature allows them to see well at night
+2 perform; most tigrans begin training in the arts at a very young age
size Medium, speed 30ft per round
have the elven abilities to spot hidden doors
Automatic languages Tigran and common; Bonus elvin, gnomish, silvan, goblin, orc,
unarmed attacks do 1d4 rake damage; tigran claws give them a greater unarmed damage then most races, if a monk they get a +1 to all unarmed damage and do regual instead of subdural damage

Favored class: Bard; their natural inclination to silent movement and their performance and Charisma bonuses make for a great bard.

Skin Variance
Skin color- Light Orange--------------------Dark Brown
Stripe color- Light Brown-----------------------------------Black
Skin color - White----------Grey----------Black
Stripe color- Light Tan-------------Black----------------Light Brown

Random starting age
Fighter Bard
Rogue Paladin Druid
Barbarian Monk Cleric
Base Sorcerer Ranger Wizard
13 +1d4 +1d6 +2d6

Random Height/Weight
Height Weight
Male 5’4” +2d10 120lbs x(2d4)lbs.
Female 4’9” +2d6 85lbs x(1d6)lbs.

Witness

First Post
About the Tigrana; as animals in general and specifically cats are noted for their keen senses, I don't think a penalty to Wisdom is appropriate.

I must second that recomendation for the cat races from Mythic Races. Most of them are well-balanced and well thought-out enough to fit easliy into any campaign.

Darklone

Tigranas

Looks very much like the Saar of the Old One. But I agree with that Wis penalty... use Int. The attributes you said fit more for an Int penalty...

But there are similar ones as mentioned in the MR book :)

UD

First Post
Re: Tigranas

Darklone said:
Looks very much like the Saar of the Old One. But I agree with that Wis penalty... use Int. The attributes you said fit more for an Int penalty...

But there are similar ones as mentioned in the MR book :)
I would agree with int rather than wis

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases