Chaositech?

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
I have heard a little bit about this product, and until a while ago did not know much about it. From the reviews I have read it seems like a really nice product. To those who have it and have used it. How is it? Have your experiences with using it in-game been good?

Also I know a book version cameout in March of this year. Would it possibly be sold in any of the more common bookstores like Walden books? Or would I have to find a gaming store somewhere?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Not sure about the whole "find the book". I got the PDF. So my experience is slightly skewed. But I have enjoyed it and used it/adapted it quite well to one of my SL games. Overall, I like it. :)

Atelos

First Post
I like the looks of it, but I've been lacking in gaming opportunities this past year or so and so I've had no chance to see how it works out in actual play.

My local Walden's has had a few copies of Chaositech in stock most times I've visited since it was released, but, whether you'll find the same depends on not just the chain but the management of the individual store. I've been to Walden's with decent selections of RPG books, and I've been to Walden's with no RPG books at all. Whether or not your local bookstore would stock it normally they'd almost certainly be willing to order it for you, however.

JoAT

First Post
It's a pretty good book - I'm planning on using this for much of my up-coming plot (actually, since I was going to have a force of pure destruction come along anyways, getting this book this was quite serendpidous for me).

In use, it turns out fairly well, but it's not exactly a player oriented book - while a PC may aquire some of the items in it, and learn to use them, they will be slowly mutated and corrupted by it, and quite like end up Chaotic Neutral from the influence of the items - if they decide to learn how to build and maintain chaositech, they may as well start rolling a new character, because the writting's on the wall - eventually, you will go insane and start worshipper the forces of destruction known as chaos.

The monsters are very cool though - my personal favorite has to be the living dimensional rip into a plane composed of nothing but worms...

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Sounds cool. :)

I will have to go and check out the Walden books near me. From what I have been told they have a pretty good RPG book selection.

As soon as i read about it I was already forming plots in my mind.:)

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Sounds cool. :)

I will have to go and check out the Walden books near me. From what I have been told they have a pretty good RPG book selection.

As soon as i read about it I was already forming plots in my mind.:)

Ozmar

First Post
I very much doubt you'll find it at Waldenbooks. IME, their selection doesn't extend much into the smaller companies. But I hope I'm wrong. :)

Chaositech is creepy cool stuff. Monte took a lot of his design from an earlier product (Dark Space) he did for Iron Crown Enterprises, and updated it for d20. Since I loved Dark Space, I also love what he's done in Chaositech. ;)

Chaositech is a creepy, chaotic mix of fantasy and pseudo-science. Very little in the book is usable for players, since it eventually corrupts them, but that just makes it good for equipping monstrous evil chaotic cultists, because then the players can't safely loot the bodies!

If you like the idea of ghouls with spikes driven into their spines, and wires and tubing connecting their arms and legs, and undead muscles stitched onto the outside of their unliving flesh, then you'll like Chaositech.

Ozmar the chtoAt1c ;)

Waldens should have it. If they don't, they can order it. Thanks to our partner, Sword&Sorcery/White Wolf, we have decent placement in bookstores (that carry a decent selection of rpgs, that is).

Psion

Adventurer
Yeah, they have WW as a publisher. I've seen S&SS stuff in waldens. It's not impossible you'd find it in stock there.

Sir Elton

First Post
Psion said:
Yeah, they have WW as a publisher. I've seen S&SS stuff in waldens. It's not impossible you'd find it in stock there.
Chaositech is a must have, if you think up of off-the-wall world systems like me.
:D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases