Firefly

FCWesel

First Post
Is anyone playing/running a FIREFLY game and if so, how are you doing it? What system did you decide upon and what rules did you add to or subtract from it?

Shadowdancer

First Post
FCWesel said:
Is anyone playing/running a FIREFLY game and if so, how are you doing it? What system did you decide upon and what rules did you add to or subtract from it?
There is someone at GenCon running a Firefly adventure using the Cyberpunk 2020 rules. He's running it several times. I've signed up for one session. It should be interesting to see how he stated out the various cast members.

Bill Scott

First Post
FCWesel said:

Someone over at the WOTC boards, I can't recall his name at this time, did a good job in statting up all the core characters for Modern. They're on the SciFi board if you're interested

I would love to run or play in Firefly/SciFi Western, borrowing elements out of Oblivion, but I don't really have the time right now.

I never did a firefly game myself (so many ideas, so little time), but I would recommend a close look to Traveller and D20 Modern (and in a few months, D20 Future).
Personally, I don`t like the T20 Traveler mechanics, but this doesn`t mean you won`t like them. I like working with the D20 Modern rules, they are very generic and very flexible for these sort of things.
Traveller would still be a better choice if you don`t want to create your own rules for starships.

Mustrum Ridcully

Last edited:

Remove ads