Poll: Conversion rules

[YB] How should conversion be handled?

• Only possible when flags are neutral, not during the first round

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The converting fighter must win first, then win additional round(s).

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • As a stipulation before the match

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Not at all; must be the choice of the converting fighter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Phoenix8008

First Post
I voted for "The converting fighter must win first, then win additional round(s)." because it's the closest to what I'd like to see. I don't know about the additional round(s) though. Isn't winning the fight as a whole enough? As for the choice of the player whose fighter faces conversion, the choice should just be between conversion or loss of ranks. My idea is for them to lose a numbe of ranks equal to the tier of the fighter trying to convert them, but this would depend on when the power is first available I guess.

[Edit] I misread Wicht's idea for losing 2 tiers if you decide to remain unconverted. What I read was '2 ranks' instead of 2 tiers. So I would agree with what Wicht has proposed now, please ignore my above idea.

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
I like the beat em fist then try for it rule - but I think that as a matter of courtesy, you might want to warn the other player about it well before you try. It could - even with the ability to change back to your preferred path - cause a lot of anger. Some people might even go as far as quitting. Losing two full tiers can do that to a person.:D

As mentioned earlier - some people don't want the challenge of trying a new path.

Last edited:

reiella

Explorer
I agree there MK, I don't think DI/RL should be 'sprung' upon someone as a surprise. But again, most of that is just a matter of them not accepting the fight.

Berandor

lunatic
Yeah, well...
That's a question of courtesy, and of RP'ing. I just wanted the technical aspect, as Wicht believed that the majority was for the "flags neutral"option.

Like believing FR was the best d20 seting ;)

Just kidding, Wicht :)

Berandor

Kesh

First Post
Conversion?

What the heck's conversion? :confused:

Here's hoping the FAQ gets finished soon... I'd love to fight, but it seems there's a few rules I missed. And one that got changed from the FAQ (no more Dishonored White Belts?).

Berandor

lunatic
Well, take a look at page two of "FAQ Ideas".

The FAQ is actually kind of finished, only the actual powers of higher tiers are lacking... and these probably won't come until next week, when some new rules might be introduced...

But everything else is there for you to read, and get informed about...

Remember, page 2 of "FAQ ideas".

Berandor
P.S.: Why are the boards so s.......l.........o.........w........?

Wicht

Hero
Re: Conversion?

Kesh said:
What the heck's conversion? :confused:

Here's hoping the FAQ gets finished soon... I'd love to fight, but it seems there's a few rules I missed. And one that got changed from the FAQ (no more Dishonored White Belts?).

The rules on the generator are, admittedly a little off - we changed the white belts to first win advances to a path with no loss of ranks about a month ago.

Meanwhile, for almost two or three months there has been a rules committee trying to get the game a bit more balanced, the committee has recently been scrapped and we are just about done with the new rules anyway. They should all take affect within a week or two we hope.

Don't let it discourage you - have fun playing and if you want to catch up read the threads marked (Meta-rules)

Kesh

First Post
Ah, okay. I must've just missed that. Thanks!

Yea, I'm going to try out the game sometime. I'll see what happens if I can get a challenger. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases