Algai'd'siswai & Woodsman strangeness

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I was just perusing the saving throws for the various classes, and I must say that it seems rather strange that the Algai'd'siswai are more vulnerable to the harsh environment of the Waste than many other classes - armsmen and initiates are much less likely to die from the heat than Algai'd'siswai !

Woodsmen, the other outdoors type are nearly as bad at actually resisting environmental damage outdoors!

I know that they can attempt a wilderness lore check to improve matters, but that only gives the Algai'd'siswai a chance of reaching the kind of resistance that a 1st level armsman or initiate has!

Most peculiar.

Ähem... Ja... nun... er, I mean.

I was wondering about it also, though I was concerned with the woodsmen - Wilderness guy with a medium Fortitude Save. I was surprised...

Eosin the Red

First Post
Well hell, I'll bite.

I think what they were trying to do was keep all non-channelers with low saves to represent the irresistible nature of the OP. Only those classes and folks that regularly deal with the OP, Shadowspawn, or something similar have decent saves. Personally, I think the poor Algai special abilitys should have been named "DANCE WITH THE SHAFT."

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Yes, it does seem strange that channelers are all fortitudinous, but apart from armsmen nobody else much is.

perhaps they would have been better having less fortitude saves for OP abilities.

I imagine that the main reason that initiates get fantastic saves is for overchannelling purposes, but even that seems a bit backwards. Why not make overchannelling dependent upon Will rather than fort?

Ah well, who knows.

It still bugs me that the Woodsmen and the Aeil are rubbish at enduring hardship though!

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I think it's a meta-gaming problem, they needed to do the One Power strong, so they lowered all other classes saves. But they forgot the effect that would have in some classes, rending them almost ridiculous, as you have shown...

And yes, poor algai have the worse treatment. By the rules they are faible, bad combatants and rather dull. Most Alagi in my games are Armsmen x/Algai 1 :(

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases