Domain Swapping?

Happiest_Sadist

First Post
It is kinda wiggy that all clerics can swap spells out for healing. It seems that a cleric of Strength should be able to swap for Bulls Strength more easily than 2d8 healing.
Would it be unbalanced to remove the domain slot and swapping for healing, and instead allow a cleric to swap spells out for his domain spells?

trentonjoe

Explorer
I think that is a little unbalancing just because domain spells tend to be a little on the "powerful" side.

I am toying with the idea of not having the cleric memorize domain spells and having him/her cast them spontaneously.

Noldor Elf

First Post
It would make clerics much more powerful, allowing them cast those domain spells more than once a day that are not also in cleric spell list.
Spontaneously casting allows cleric to prepare other spells instead of healing (and still fullfill their role as healer of the group), so I would say changing that would disturb balance.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'd have to go through each domain on a case-by-case basis, but offhand I'd say yes. It really doesn't make sense for clerics of gods of knowledge or strength.

The provision I would put on it is that only the first four domain spells can be spontaneously cast, not all nine. This mirrors the current cure swapping.

LightPhoenix

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases