Serious poll: introductory or full length adventures in campaign setting source book?

Prefernce on content for campaign setting content

• Full length mondule included

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Mini adventure included

Votes: 42 61.8%

uv23

First Post
I'm trying to gauge a reaction on this issue. If you were buying a new campaign setting sourcebook, would you:

1) be willing to pay a little more overall for the inclusion of a full length adventure module that serves as a solid introduction to the setting?

or

2) rather have a mini intro adventure and pay a little less, with the option of buying that full length adventure seperately?

Last edited:

Well, I voted mini. But all else being equal, I prefer none.

I'd rather have those extra pages be devoted to more info on the setting than to an adventure. A good setting doesn't need an adventure to help get the point across. If I want an adventure, I'll buy it, ya know?

Glyfair

Explorer
I have to admit, I prefer a 3rd option that's not listed. I'd rather have a set of adventure hooks than either.

Glyfair of Glamis

uv23

First Post
Thanks for the feeback. In terms of the options available, if you'd rather have adventure hooks, vote for mini adventure. Comments are as welcome as the votes themselves.

Cor Azer

First Post
I agree with Glyfair. I actaully prefer for the setting to have a lot of adventure hooks rather than any mini or regular length adventures

Berandor

lunatic
I voted mini, though actually I'd prefer no adventure at all.

As for adventure hooks, I hope the campaign setting does stir my imagination for possible adventure hooks... otherwise it's not good at all.

Berandor

Kroax

Explorer
Glyfair said:
I have to admit, I prefer a 3rd option that's not listed. I'd rather have a set of adventure hooks than either.

Glyfair of Glamis

I agree with Glyfair, although I voted for the 2nd option.

kenjib

First Post
I also vote for the third option: no adventure. Does anyone actually use the free adventure that comes with FR, for example? Did anyone use either of the two adventures in the old 1st ed. FR box set? Perhaps, but I sure didn't and if I were to buy the setting I would consider it a complete and unfortunate waste of page count. I'd rather pay for a seperate published adventure and have the ability to pick and choose one that I like instead of having one forced on me in the setting book, and then have the extra page count automatically reflected in the price.

I also think that there doesn't need to be a seperate section on adventure hooks. They should be integrated into every entry and every page of the setting. Kalamar is a good example - just about every entry has several plot hooks, including most of the deity write ups and even some of the astronomical info. Given this, a separate list of plot hooks in the Kalamar book would be entirely superfluous.

drnuncheon

Explorer
If I'm buying a setting book, I don't want a huge chunk of it taken up by an adventure that I will run (at the most) once. I'd rather have my money go to stuff that I will use again and again - new rules, more setting details, even a convenient reprint of essential tables all in one place for easy reference.

J

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases