How much would you pay to see The Two Towers?

How much would you pay to see LOTR: The Two Towers right now?

• $10

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • $20

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • $40

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • $60

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • $80

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • $100

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • $150

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • More?

Votes: 4 5.0%

A2Z

Explorer
I would pay 10$ at the nearest theater. If prices go up past that in the next year it's going to become harder and harder to see as many movies as I'd like.

DMaple

First Post
Next available moment is likely to be Xmas next year, in which case I'll probably pay the going cinema rate, hmmm no I'd go on a Thursday night when its cheap rate. So about £2.80 or so. Unfortunately your poll doesn't go that low.

Thorntangle

First Post
It's the now part that's crucial. I imagine if they had a public auction for seats at a super-advance screening right now, the seats would probably go for hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I can't pay that much, so my bid starts at $30. Do I hear $40?

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
The people voting in any such auction would be the same people who used to eat every bit of Halloween candy on Halloween night. If you got to see all the cool movies for the next few years now, then what would you have to watch next year? Half of what makes event movies so much fun is the anticipation.

EOL

First Post
I think that ThornTangle made a good point, much of what would determine the price would be scarcity. If it was an auction for a one theater screening then the price would go pretty high and for the thrill and honor of being the first to see it I would probably pay more (though not as much as some) for that experience. If NewLine just happened to move the date up by 11 months and it was in 3000 theaters I probably wouldn't be willing to pay any more than the going rate for any movie.

Now if you're speaking of a bribe to get NewLine to release early, I could probably get behind that...

Henry

Autoexreginated
I would imagine that if you saw it right now, you wouldn't like it much. :D With as much loving-care as Peter Jackson and crew lavished on FotR, I would imagine that the Two Towers would be in post-production clear up through September!

I have no delusions that to see it right now is to see it in a raw unpolished form, and I would imagine would spoil the movie for you.

Exindel

First Post
a movie is still a movie... no matter how much i want to see it- paying more wont make it any better... in fact, by paying more, I expect more, and if it does not live up to it- then it wasnt worth it...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases