The Anti-Pokemon sentiment: Taking it to far...

Guacamole

First Post
Landover Baptists Church

Just to let everyone in on the joke, Landover Baptist is a spoof church written up to satire the worst elements of fundamental Christianity. It isn't a real organization. Muck around on the site a bit and look for their links, or their store, where you can buy their T-shirts, etc, which say things "Stone your rebellious children", etc.

That is not to say that conservative Christians don't think that pokemon (with psychic and evolving pokemon) and DnD are bad (do I have to explain?). They do, and as a Christian, it troubles me that well meaning people waste their time and energy on it, but Landover Baptist is NOT an actual church. Although the fact that one could read the article and not see it as satire shows how out there some conservative Christian rhetoric is....

fwiw
Guacamole...

PS: if anyone is interested in serious discussions with people on a wide variety of religious and ethical issues from every view point, then feel free to join us here:

http://disc.server.com/Indices/175790.html

We have all sorts, Christians, atheists, pagans, etc. Over there I go by Uglyman....

Grim

First Post
It was a joke? but it was so funny! it had to be real! Oh well, I'll just go to the next website i found on google...

Holy Bovine

First Post
I would think the Surfing the Net with Jesus (with Jesus using a crucifix as a surfboard) would have given this one away a joke but....

Very funny site - i love the link to the 'gun show' on the same page with the Pokemon article. Pokemon and D&D = Bad, Guns = Good!

Last edited:

Lothaire

First Post
Damn, this is so unfair.

Everytime I get possesed by demons they end up leaving because they claim my mind is warped to the point that it is painful for them to remain.

*sighs* It just goes to show. Play D&D too long and not even demons want to socialize with you.

Well, I can still hang out with Jack Chick I guess.

Dark Psion

First Post
Just be glad they havn't shown that episode with James in a bikini contest, looking far better than any male in a bikini should.

SemperJase

First Post
Bad form

More Christian bashing. First is a story that is obviously false and written to portray Christians negatively. Then the same old Chick.com reference.

YES, that site is bad. Jack Chick is a mockery of what Christianity stands for.

How about a little balance though? There are a lot of Christians who play this game. Like the Christian Gamers Guild: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/2964/index.htm

Good gaming.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases