Craft Wondrous Items Programs

Urklore

First Post
Since we are on a new message board. I was wondering how the author of the Craft Wondrous Items program was doing in his progess? Do you need any help in data entry? Anyone else know of any other programs or spreadsheets to help in figuring the cost and xp or magical item creations (any kinds)?

daffin

First Post
I was thinking about putting together a spreadsheet along those lines, but decided to look around the web, first--no point in reinventing the wheel. What I would like to see is a spreadsheet that shows all that you mentioned, plus who can/can't make each, the spellcaster level minimum, the spells/spell-like abilities/craft feats needed, and the source book for the item or item enchantment.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I'm working on such a program at the moment. At this point, it looks like it'll resemble my other generators - JavaScript an a web page, downloadable and useable online; it'll likely be Internet Explorer only, at least in the first draft. Netscape is terrible on JS.

Suggestions are always welcome, either here or by private email.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I've made some major progress toward te CWI generator; I just finished Beta Version 0.40. hopefully, I'll have the full version in a week or so.

Albereth

First Post
Item Creation spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet that was created by Lone Paladin back in February of last year. It is called ItemCreation.xls. I do not think it allows custom item creation but it will tell you the cost in gold and xp for any time. It allows creation of staves, wands, rings, wondrous items, scrolls, potions etc, etc, etc..... Not sure where I got it from or where it can be gotten from anymore.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Mine is all about custom item generation. Some stanmdard items can be created, but that's just by chance - you can make a ring that gives +10 to Climb checks, and it's jsut like the DMG's ring of climbing.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Urklore said:
How are we making out on this? Does it allow items to be created that give feats? Need any assistance in anything?

Right now it just covers the basics, so there are no feats; that's likely for the best, since there's no set formula.

Need help? Well, I'll just write it on my own - it'd take longer to explain than to finish. :) Still, I could use some help on the beta testing. If you'd like a beta copy to find the bugs in, drop me a line: mwtools@thyle.net. It's not quite ready for testing, but should be soon.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases