Rating: +7
Favourites: 4

Report File

NPC/Monster Cards

File Information

Files   

Mirrors

XP Lagikrus gave XP for this post
A sampling of some of the monster cards I've been toying with. Hopefully these are useful to someone.
  1. ParagonofVirtue
    Looks good. :-)
  2. jfauch2
    Nice Work! I was thinking of the same thing!
  3. MicDude
    Hello, I'm new to the forum and playing D&D in general. I found your Spell cards for 5e PDF in the downloads section a while ago, and I was wondering if there was any way to print the cards that have runoff descriptions on the opposite side (2 sided) instead of how it is now. BTW I think all of your material will be very useful when I start playing so thanks for putting it up.
  4. Morrus
    @damattage, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that looks like a bunch of WotC's text you're distributing there. They send C&Ds for that sort of thing.
  5. damattage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    @damattage, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that looks like a bunch of WotC's text you're distributing there. They send C&Ds for that sort of thing.
    Yep. Same for my spell cards and condition cards. Verbatim. Copied, pasted, font changed. I don't see a problem since I consider this fair use. If someone sends C&D then that's fine. I have no intention of running afoul of WOTC's Lawyers. If it comes to that I'll stop distributing them. Until then, I feel people should be able to use them until a better option comes along. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MicDude View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the forum and playing D&D in general. I found your Spell cards for 5e PDF in the downloads section a while ago, and I was wondering if there was any way to print the cards that have runoff descriptions on the opposite side (2 sided) instead of how it is now. BTW I think all of your material will be very useful when I start playing so thanks for putting it up.

Check them again. I've done a little updating to them since they were initially added. Most spell descriptions which were too long to fit on a single card now simply advise you to see the rulebook and only contain a cursory description of the spell. I'm open to other suggestions though.
  6. Morrus
    Quote Originally Posted by damattage View Post
    Yep. Same for my spell cards and condition cards. Verbatim. Copied, pasted, font changed. I don't see a problem since I consider this fair use. If someone sends C&D then that's fine. I have no intention of running afoul of WOTC's Lawyers. If it comes to that I'll stop distributing them. Until then, I feel people should be able to use them until a better option comes along. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I appreciate it.
    That's very kind of you, but it's *me* they'll send the letter to. Sorry man, blank cards are fine, but copy/pasted text isn't something I'm willing to risk.

I mean, if you do it yourself on your Google docs or what-have-you, that's none of my business. That's probably the best way to do it. But not on here.
  7. MicDude
    Quote Originally Posted by damattage View Post

Check them again. I've done a little updating to them since they were initially added. Most spell descriptions which were too long to fit on a single card now simply advise you to see the rulebook and only contain a cursory description of the spell. I'm open to other suggestions though.
    Thanks alot man. These will be very helpful. As far as posting the official material, I don't see a problem with posting it. I will say that I think that only those who own the appropriate material should download this content because WotC does own it and should only be for "ease of use" purposes. Just my 2 cents.
  8. damattage
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    That's very kind of you, but it's *me* they'll send the letter to. Sorry man, blank cards are fine, but copy/pasted text isn't something I'm willing to risk.

I mean, if you do it yourself on your Google docs or what-have-you, that's none of my business. That's probably the best way to do it. But not on here.
    Ok that's fine. Do what you must. I understand completely. I tried to delete them but kept getting an error.
  9. mips42
    I almost always have cards like this for NPC's and monsters when I run a game and they work really well, even when there's multiples of the same monster.
    FWIW I use publisher for mine, rather than word but these look good.
  10. MadBeard
    Awesome. This will be very handy
    Thank you.
  11. fitsou
    Quote Originally Posted by mips42 View Post
    I almost always have cards like this for NPC's and monsters when I run a game and they work really well, even when there's multiples of the same monster.
    FWIW I use publisher for mine, rather than word but these look good.
    Can you pm me about those cards pls?
  12. MTMFRogue
    It's really great but is there a way to add more cards to print? I can't seem to get the editing right.

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason