MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Rating: +109
Favourites: 81

Report File

File Information

XP Ohillion gave XP for this post
Excel MPMB's Spell Sheet Generator v8.3b (6 Oct 2016)
Pdf form MPMB's Character Record Sheet (moved to DMs Guild)
Pdf form MPMB's Complete Spell Sheets per Class (moved to DMs Guild)
Pdf form MPMB's Adventure Logsheet (on DMs Guild)
Please see Changelog.pdf for a list of (recent) changes.

If you like this submission, please rate it with a , thank you!

This D&D 5e Excel-based Spell Sheet Generator allows you to generate a PDF Spell Sheet based on your selection of classes, level, known spells, etc.
However, the abovementioned Character Record Sheet also has a built-in option to generate a Spell Sheet.

Features of the Spell Sheet Generator
Full support for
Multiclassing (all official spellcasting classes and subclasses supported)
• All Spells from PHB, Elemental Evil, and Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide

Change the lay-out
• With a different colour for every class, selected from 11 colours (only 9 with normal version)
• Add a glossary

• Add your own spells
• Add your own (sub)class
• Add other spellcasting options such as feats

Note: This Spell Sheet Generator only works with Excel 2013 or newer (Excel 2016 preferred) and doesn't work on mobile versions. It is offered as legacy support, but it is highly recommended to use the Character Record Sheet to produce spell sheets, as they are more user-friendly, support higher quality graphics, are form-fillable, and are editable on the fly.

Because of copyright issues, I had to move most of my stuff over to the Dungeon Masters Guild website. By their publisher agreement, I am not allowed to put things here on ENworld that are also on DMs Guild.

Click here to find MPMB's Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet on the DMs Guild.

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet? Click here for the preview.
Make a donation via PayPal, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

The forum thread will stay active as a place to report issues with any of the files, discuss ideas for the sheets, or just to say something nice about the files. It is preferable if you use the forum and not the comment section in the downloads.

Please, before posting about an error, make sure you are using the latest version posted here, tried the FAQ/manual included in the sheets, and updated your Adobe Acrobat/Excel to see if that fixes the problem.

The Character Record Sheet and Spell Sheets per Class come with a FAQ inside, and the Excel Spell Sheet Generator has a comprehensive manual. Please use it to your advantage and look at the questions before contacting me with any issues.

If updating your software does not resolve your issue, there might well be something wrong with the sheet. Please contact me about the issue with the following information:• The version of the sheet you are using (version number and type such as “A4” or “Letter”);
• The software you are using to view the sheet (including the software’s version number);
• What you are doing when the error occurs (e.g. "Generating a Spell Sheet for a Tiefling Cleric level 12");
• In case of the Character Record Sheet: the JavaScript error code that the sheet produces (if you don’t see an error code, make sure that showing JavaScript errors is enabled. You can do this by going to: Edit >> Preferences (Ctrl + K) >> JavaScript; and putting a checkmark in the box labelled “Show console on errors and messages”).

A big thanks to Javier Aumente for being the magnificent mind behind the design! Please check out his collection of awesomely designed sheets for several different systems, in Spanish.
Page 1 of 61 123456789101151 ... LastLast

1. Undrhil
    This character sheet looks amazing and I love the Spell sheet, now that I have managed to get it to work properly on my computer.

I have an issue with the character sheet, however. In the Racial features and Background features sections of the sheet, my text doesn't line up with the lines on the sheet. Is there an easy way to correct this?

Edit: So, apparently, this is a problem with Foxit Reader. I don't know if there is anything you can do on the authoring side to make it work with Foxit, so I'll use Adobe Acrobat for your sheet.

2. Athinar
    I have found my new Character Sheet, but the problem is the Spell Sheet, not every one has 2007 nor 2013 Excel
    Where do you record the "SUCCESSFUL DEATH SAVES / FAILED DEATH SAVES" ?
    Coins carried does not add to weight carried, Character can now carry out 100,000 coins and gear, yea
    Gems and Other Valuables needs work, typed 6 -10 gp gems and was unable to see the it, Font was to small and was over the "Gems and Other Valuables" words
  3. morepurplemorebetter
    Thank you for your responds!

If you don't have Excel 2007, 2010, or 2013 that is unfortunate, but considering I have already spent way too much time on this I'm not redoing the Spell Sheet in another program just to please the few people that don't use Microsoft Office. Hope you understand.

In the Health section you see a D20 with a Grim Reaper in it and I-II-III on either side, that is where you can record fail/success for death saves.

The gems and other valuables works fine as long as you don't use more than one line of text, but you are right to question the need for a more foolproof field. So I changed it to be 4 fields next to each other, allowing for a total of 11 lines of gems and other valuables (new in version 1.66)

As for the coins not adding to weight, you are absolutely right of course, but almost all games I've played in the weight of coins is just ignored. (Edit: ) The PHB does offer rules for the weight of coins, 50 per pound. Good catch, I'll implement this!
  4. Athinar
    Thanks, I did not see the Death Saves, I II III, works.
    I have Excel 2003, 7 and 10 so is not a problem for me

Please fix the Export Impact

So with 1.7 out I tried to Export but

Acrobat EScript Built-in Functions Version 11.0
    Acrobat SOAP 11.0
    TypeError: f is null
    8ocument-Level:Placeholder for changing multiple fields
    RangeError: Invalid argument value.
    Doc.exportAsFDFField Export Form Data:Mouse Up
    RangeError: Invalid argument value.
    Doc.exportAsFDFField Export Form Data:Mouse Up
  5. morepurplemorebetter
    Because I'm only using Acrobat Pro I didn't notice that the export function will not work in Adobe Reader. Unfortunately, I don't possess the expensive software (Adobe Livecycle Reader Extensions) to allow my sheet to export stuff in Adobe Reader. This means that unless you are using Acrobat Pro, the export button will not work.

Even so, the button should just do nothing instead of giving errors. What software are you using to display/edit the PDF? What OS are you using? Do you have any trouble with the other buttons (Import/Reset)?
  6. Athinar
    Maybe some out there has access to the Adobe Livecycle Reader Extensions software and can fix the issue with the export?

Using a program that I have called PDF Pro 10, I was able to export the 1.6 form into the new 1.71.
  7. Athinar
    I opened a brand new 1.71, to check out an issue with the export/import and had this error from the start of the opening of a new 1.71

Using Reader

Acrobat EScript Built-in Functions Version 11.0
    Acrobat SOAP 11.0
    TypeError: f is null
    8ocument-Level:Placeholder for changing multiple fields

what is variable f used for?
    I used the PDF Pro 10 Export function to export the FDF file and then I imported that FDF file into a fresh 1.71 using PDF Pro and it caused an issue with the Dex Modifier; Dex 18 = 0, but I did use the exported FDF file from PDF Pro into a fresh 1.71 using the import button on the 1.71 PDF and I had no issue with the Dex 18 = 0

Turned out after saving the imported 1.71, the issue with the Dex 18 = 0 was fixed, refresh was needed I guess

The Import function Works with the 1.71 --YEA!!!!
  8. morepurplemorebetter
    So I just found out this forum post was auto-generated when I posted the sheets I made.

Thank you for the positive feedback! Hope this sheet brings you a lot of fun. Foxit reader has some compatibility issues with Acrbat forms. So if you have the option, use Adobe products for this sheet.

Please let me know if you find anything missing/wrong with either of the sheets.
  9. Athinar
    Spell Sheet, 1st level Wizard, 4th Level Character, Int 15

3 0 levels

where do I add the 1st level and higher spells, in the class space (below the cantrips)?

I think the Class Space is for additional spells granted by the Class and or Race

or do I select them someplace, say in the Spell Sheet Tab?

What is in Column C? I don't see it but the equation in the spell sheet has if(C5 <> "Yes","x","") C6, C7, etc...
  10. morepurplemorebetter
    Thanks once again for testing the new version of the sheet! Great to hear you can export and import now using v1.71.

As for the "TypeError: f is null". I don't think this came from the v1.71 sheet. The function "Placeholder for changing multiple fields" was in the sheet as, literally, a place holder with no function, so I deleted it. It is present in all versions before v1.71, so maybe that you didn't clear the console before opening v1.71?

Then the Spell Sheet. Wizards are different from all the other spellcasters because they can, theoretically, have everything from no to all spells in their spellbook. In order to address this problem you can alter the filtering of the Spell Sheet in Column O, as you have apparently found. Just ignore the formula that is there (it is there for all non-wizard classes) and make sure any field you want to have printed has a value in it. This can be a "x" or anything else. And all spells that you don't have in your spellbook should have no value in the field in Column O. This can be the formula that results in a "" or you manually deleting the value/formula.

This way you can always come back to the sheet and continue adding/removing spells from your spellbook. Just press "Create Spell Sheet" on the "Input" tab, press the orange button in the form, and edit Column O to your liking. Afterwards press "Create Spell Sheet" again and select one of the green buttons in the form.
  11. Dworrin
    First off, thank you for putting this character sheet together - I love the look of it, and I'd love to use it for the campaign my group will be starting soon!

One issue I've noticed though is that the form doesn't seem to be calculating negative "bonuses" for low ability scores - when I enter an "8" into one of the the ability skills, it stays stuck at zero. Have you noticed that in your testing?

Thank you again!
  12. morepurplemorebetter
    Dworrin, thank you for your reply. Did you by any chance use a program other than Adobe Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro to view the pdf? More people have reported the same problem you are having when using Chrome to open the sheet. Unfortunately, the Chrome pdf viewer doesn't support all calculations needed for this sheet.
  13. Dworrin
    That's it! I was using Chrome to try and edit the PDF but it works perfect in Acrobat. Thank you again!!
  14. eddas
    The generator looks good.
    One problem though. It's not showing second level spells.
    I entered a Paladin, 5th level, Oath of Vengence, Spellcasting Ability Score of 16
    and it's only showing first level spells. Paladins get 2nd level spells at level 5.
    When I change my level to 6, then it shows the 2nd level spells.
  15. morepurplemorebetter
    I guess I totally glossed over the Paladin (and Ranger) spell progression and just assumed it was 1/2 of the 'normal' (i.e. Bard, Wizard, etc.). But it is apparently just a little bit different. Thank you so much for catching this error! It has been fixed in version 1.4.

If you want all the spell levels to show, regardless of the level of spell slots you have access to, select the option "Just give me the list, I'll fill in the variables myself!" in the form "Let's make a Spell Sheet!".
  16. Dorovinaire
    Fantastic Character Sheet and the Spell Sheet Generator looks great too. Thank you so much for posting your hard work for use on the site - it is truly appreciated.

I'm using Excel 2011 for Mac and am having difficulties with the Spell Sheet - it is not recognizing when I fill in the Spell Casting Class and Class Level fields. It returns an error saying that required fields are empty even though I have entered data.

Any suggestions?

17. dangerdude
    I absolutely love this sheet! I am having a couple of issues with it however. I'd created my first character with it on v1.71 and am trying to import or export my character data into the new form but nothing happens when I hit the export button. As for the import button, it allows me to open up another window but it will only let me look for .fdf files. I only have Adobe Reader at my disposal. Will I be able to now export from the new 1.8 to a newer sheet in the future, or import info to the new sheet from itself (not sure if that sounds right).
    Also, on the spell sheet, I can't figure out how to add more than one cantrip for as a 4th level Eldritch Knight fighter.
  18. morepurplemorebetter
    Great to hear you enjoy my work!

@Dorovinaire: Unfortunately, the compatibility with Mac is an issue because I don't have a Mac to test with. I'm working with somebody who does testing for me, but it is a slow process. Look for version 1.5 for (a lot) better Mac compatibility. Although there were quite some bugs to work out, the error with you filling the fields out and it still returning the warning is not one I heard before.

Did you fill out a combination of Class and Class Level that has spellcasting ability? Rangers, for example, don't get spellcasting until level 2. So if you enter "Class: Ranger" and "Class Level: 1" you will also get an error. The same goes for Paladins (level<2), Arcane Tricksters (level<3), and Eldritch Knights (level<3). Also, take note that it is the Class Level that is required, not the Character Level.

@dangerdude: The Export button will only work in Acrobat Pro (that is why the button says "requires Acrobat Pro"), so I'm afraid you are out of luck with Adobe Reader. I could fix this if I had excess to a very expensive piece of software called "Adobe Livecycle Reader Extensions", but unfortunately I do not. Both Export and Import functions use .fdf files. The user Athinar reported being able to generate an .fdf export using a program called "PDF Pro 10".

As for the Eldritch Knight getting too few Cantrips. I noticed that today as well. It will be fixed in the new version!
  19. Pauln6
    Wow what a beautiful sheet. Shame I use freeware - I can't get the macros to load but I may be able to delegate to my dad's laptop

One tiny thing - a human fighter will need up to 8 feat slots.

I think what would make this sheet perfect is having an optional supplementary sheet with similar fonts and headers with some freeform sections including boxes for magic item descriptions (you can only attune to three but likelihood is you will have more), a power and feats spill over section for the main document, character notes/journal section, a section for boons, charms etc from the DMG, and maybe a character portrait box.

But this is a really phenomenal effort as is.
  20. Athinar
    Question about Tiefling Fighters and the Spell Sheet, don't see them listed, Fighters that is
    tieflings get Thaumaturgy, Hellish Rebuke and Darkness

Page 1 of 61 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Report File

Report Comment

Report Link