Hex Grid Templates at Township, Kingdom, Province, Continent, & World Scale (Based on 5e DMG)

Hex Grid Templates at Township, Kingdom, Province, Continent, & World Scale (Based on 5e DMG)

Thumbnail

Rating: +3
Favourites: 2

Report File

File Information

Files   

Mirrors

XP Jeffrey Malcolmson, Fiona Norris gave XP for this post
These grids for hex maps are prepared based on the recommendations on page 14 of the D&D 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide, but they should work for any ruleset.

Each grid scale is color-coded so you can see how it fits with the other scales.
  • Version 2.0: Added coordinates.
  • Version 2.1: Corrected coordinates.
  • Version 2.2: Now scales up to world size (21,600 miles).
  • Version 2.3: Much more accurate tiling of continent hexes on the world map. And Plato said it couldn't be done…
  • Replaced blank variants with monochrome variants.
  1. Catwithafez
    Thanks for doing this, they will be put to good use.
  2. designbot
    Just updated the maps with subtler small hexes (dotted instead of solid lines).
  3. Catwithafez
    Thanks for the update, snagged 'em!
  4. designbot
    Couldn't help myself—updated it one more time, with typical travel times.
  5. designbot
    Version 2.0 is uploaded. It now includes coordinates.
  6. designbot
    I've added a world-scale map, which now maps reasonably closely to a sphere. (This is harder than you might think.)
  7. TreChriron
    Very well done! Thanks!!
  8. Catwithafez
    Again, thanks much!
  9. vongarr
    These are great, thank you.

It seems the colors are a bit strong. And the hexes seem a bit small. But I will print them out and see how they work in person.
  10. Jzeb7g010z9migJh9
    Thanks for sharing these!

Would you be able to create A4 sized templates for us in Europe or maybe share original assets directly?

Thanks

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason