Rating: +5
Favourites: 1

Report File

HRSegovia's D&D 5e (Next) Character Sheet and DM Screen

File Information

Files   

Previews

More From This User

There are all sorts of "pretty" sheets out there, but the "pretty" is often at the cost of space which leads to small writing spaces or multiple sheets. The goal of this sheet was to be physically appealing (of course) but most of all to be functional beyond all other available sheets, fit all essential information for all classes in the front, and all essential information for magic classes in the back. I also wanted easier referencing as opposed to searching your entire sheet for a single action. Additionally, the sheet had to have ALL necessary elements common to all classes.

Features:
- EVERYTHING on a single sheet (front & back).
- Blank (for printing) or Form Fillable (for maintaining a digital copy - which works on my Kindle Fire! Yay!)
- Better grouping of elements - ex: almost everything that benefits from the proficiency bonus is in the same area with the bonus clearly noted - ex2: your two most popular groupings (Abilities/Proficiencies and Combat) are pulled to the foreground and centered for easier reference.
- Freeform boxes - not everyone likes lists on lines. Sometimes we like to take notes in blocks or clusters. A good example of this is the Memorized Spells box where you can list your memorized spells, but also note your uses for Channel Divinity and your Domain Spells in their own separate clusters. This also allows you to note dice rolls and modifiers when the spell is cast.
- A box for unallocated XP so we don't have to immediately do the math every time XP is awarded.
- A clear way to determine if a character has taken a feat or an ability increase.
- Clearer method to track which saves in which you are proficient.
- a small, but functional and optional "Combat Features" box to note reminders right next to your combat stats concerning things like "Action Surge," "Second Wind," "Ki points," "Rages," and other things that make players say, "I forgot I had that."

Drawbacks:
- Does not track ammunition - I've always felt it should be tracked in gear, and I had trouble fitting it in without losing the aesthetics anyway. Let me know if its too big an issue for you.
- The freeform boxes aren't for everyone. While it's something I terribly enjoy, you may not (particularly if you write large or horribly).
- While it is possible in the printed version, the font in the form-fillable may not leave enough room for multiclassing without some creativity on your part - particularly in the class and hit dice boxes.

FAQ & NOTES:
- Where do skills go? -- In Next, skills are proficiencies and benefit from the proficiency bonus. The new distinction is going to take some getting used to, but to answer your question: they go in the upper box titled, "Abilities, Languages, & Proficiencies."
- The Death Roll tick-boxes don't work on the form-fillable. -- Yeah, I know. ... What? ... you want me to fix it? ... Let me know if its THAT big a deal and I'll do it.
- That's it... nobody really asks anything else.

DM SCREEN
- Homebrewed the weather results since the playtest packet was absolutely nutsy squirrelly. Someone screwed the pooch on that one.
  1. HRSegovia
    You're not the first to request this. I completely understand the need for one that is landscape, but I'm finding converting it over is becoming rather difficult without shrinking the font to something somewhat unreadable. In addition, I've returned to work and life has gotten in the way. I am still hoping to accomplish this someday, though.
  2. Liane the Wayfarer
    I love your stuff! Would it be possible to do the DM screen in landscape format instead of portrait?
  3. HRSegovia
    We surpassed Swords and Wizardry and reached 3,000 downloads! You guys are AWESOME! THANK YOU!

Don't forget to leave a comment and rate so others know what to expect of this character sheet from your perspective. It doesn't take much effort to create an account so you CAN leave comments (and besides, EnWorld is GREAT)!

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason