ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

XP Jiroa, Beleriphon, Morrus, Shadowmage, Moomintroll and 64 others gave XP for this post

1. Tozjia
    Again Excellent work. I have found that the conditions of Poisoned, Prone, Restrained, Stunned and Unconscious do not appear in the Conditions area. Also the 7th level Battle Master ability "Know your Enemy" isn't detailed under Race, Background, Class, and Feats.
  2. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozjia View Post
    Again Excellent work. I have found that the conditions of Poisoned, Prone, Restrained, Stunned and Unconscious do not appear in the Conditions area. Also the 7th level Battle Master ability "Know your Enemy" isn't detailed under Race, Background, Class, and Feats.
    Will look into adding the conditions in V1.33. Will add some detail for the Know your Enemy class feature
  3. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Targeteron View Post
    This tool is fantastic! Only one gripe: The printout hardly readable. It may not be that problematic in Letter, in A4 everything is incredibly small. Is there any way to increase the font size, especially in the race, Background, Class & Feats fields? As it is it is not really usable when your eyes are not 100% :-(
    Font size change is challenging as the space to fit text is very tight. I'll look into increasing the Race, Background, Class & Feats but it won't be by much but it might be enough...
  4. Warunsun
    I love this sheet and appreciate all the work you put into it. I do have to agree that Targeteron is right in that the font size is extremely small. I can read it OK because I have 20/20 vision. The newer design while it looks cooler seems to be a touch harder to read at the game table on paper. If you get time it would be totally awesome if you added some new pages with the information from the first two sheets in a larger font to the spreadsheet. Basically, a larger print version generated from the same data to go alongside the standard page 1 and page 2. I don't know too much about Excel so I don't know if this would be too difficult to implement. It would probably take four additional pages to cover the same two in a larger font but it would be helpful for those who play in darker game areas (like myself) or those with less than perfect vision. It is a beautiful sheet but it has a lot of fonts printed under size 6. That is pretty small.

Anyway. Thanks again!
  5. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    I love this sheet and appreciate all the work you put into it. I do have to agree that Targeteron is right in that the font size is extremely small. I can read it OK because I have 20/20 vision. The newer design while it looks cooler seems to be a touch harder to read at the game table on paper. If you get time it would be totally awesome if you added some new pages with the information from the first two sheets in a larger font to the spreadsheet. Basically, a larger print version generated from the same data to go alongside the standard page 1 and page 2. I don't know too much about Excel so I don't know if this would be too difficult to implement. It would probably take four additional pages to cover the same two in a larger font but it would be helpful for those who play in darker game areas (like myself) or those with less than perfect vision. It is a beautiful sheet but it has a lot of fonts printed under size 6. That is pretty small.

Anyway. Thanks again!
    Working on readability, I think these are getting there...

Attachment 67846

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Attachment 67847

Side by Side - :Left Old, Right New

Attachment 67848

Alternatively you could bring your A1 character sheets to the table... other players will marvel at your awesomeness.
  6. lamentia
    Can you import from older version to the new?don't want to write again my character from the beginning.
  7. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by lamentia View Post
    Can you import from older version to the new?don't want to write again my character from the beginning.
    Short answer, no.

Longer version, yes but requires a macro - planning this later once I find the time.

usually takes me a few minutes to convert from the old to the new using copy and paste as values
  8. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozjia View Post
    Conditions added in V1.33
  9. lamentia
    You will incorporate and the magic items later in the spreadsheet?
  10. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by lamentia View Post
    You will incorporate and the magic items later in the spreadsheet?
    Thought about it but it's a lot of work for not a lot of gain. The tool is open enough to customise weapons, armor etc and give a character the benefits of those customised items (e.g. attack bonus, damage, stat, prof bonus, etc...)

I haven't gone through the DMG in detail for every magical item but if you see something that can't be done let me know.
  11. ForgedAnvil
    Example of Elemental Evil "skin", users of office 2010-2013 will be able to choose the Dragon or Element skin (Dragon is default and fixed).

Attachment 67863
  12. BurntToast
    BUG in 1.32: Setting the character sheet to "Tiefling" only shows "#VALUE!" in the far right text box (where it lists racial and class bonuses).
  13. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntToast View Post
    BUG in 1.32: Setting the character sheet to "Tiefling" only shows "#VALUE!" in the far right text box (where it lists racial and class bonuses).
    Need more detail, have you entered in all ability scores, one class and a minimum 0 XP?
  14. BurntToast
    No, but all other races at least has the basic race traits... Tiefling just has "#VALUE!". Aasimar does this as well. It's nice to have the race traits pop up when creating a character so you can at least the bonuses and such before going into the nitty gritty with choosing levels and stats.

Also - BUG in 1.32: Survival does not reflect a proficiency bonus. Shows blank value if the character is proficient in that skill and it is also blank for the Bard's Jack of All Trades feature.
  15. Warunsun
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    Example of Elemental Evil "skin"....
    Awesome! Thanks.
  16. tkstargazer
    Excellent sheet. I'm building a character who has 'Magic Initiate' as a feat. Is there any way for me to add the additional cantrips to my cantrip list?

Never mind. I'm an idiot and didn't realize I already had the extra slots!
  17. 00arak00
    Any though to adding back the color coding? I have a lot of new players and saying "that item is in the Green" really helps
  18. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntToast View Post
    No, but all other races at least has the basic race traits... Tiefling just has "#VALUE!". Aasimar does this as well. It's nice to have the race traits pop up when creating a character so you can at least the bonuses and such before going into the nitty gritty with choosing levels and stats.

Also - BUG in 1.32: Survival does not reflect a proficiency bonus. Shows blank value if the character is proficient in that skill and it is also blank for the Bard's Jack of All Trades feature.
    The #N/A value is caused by the auto calculation of spell DC for the Tiefling and Aasimar based on Charisma. if you enter at minimum a Charisma score it works. Note that the spells gained at certain levels for these races are auto calculated and only appear when you reach the level requirements.

Update, this behaviour is corrected in V1.33 and no longer shows #N/A

Survival Bug is corrected in V1.33 (work in progress)
  19. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by 00arak00 View Post
    Any though to adding back the color coding? I have a lot of new players and saying "that item is in the Green" really helps
    Colour coding is back in V1.33, preview below

Attachment 67875
  20. Tozjia
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    Conditions added in V1.33
    Thanks!

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason