ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator


XP Jiroa, Beleriphon, Morrus, Shadowmage, Moomintroll and 64 others gave XP for this post

  1. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonner View Post
    A few issues with 1.02 BETA

    Charlatan background, sleight of hand is misspelled as slight of hand

    Taking any second class (multiclassing) is also granting the additional save proficiencies for the class. You should only be getting the original classes saving throw proficiencies. Example, first level as wizard, second level as barbarian. The sheet is granting proficiency bonus to STR and CON saves, and it should not be.
    Thanks for the feedback. Fixed spelling errors for Sleight of Hand for next version

    Can't find reference detail in PHB regarding Saving Throws and Multiclassing, if you can point me to the details that would be great.

    Note Multiclass supports up to 3 different classes maximum
  2. Jeff Moulton
    Noticing a problem with the Ranger's 2nd attack gained at 5th level. I'm entering a 15th level Ranger, and it still displays as 1 attack only.

    Fantastic sheet - given just how complex of a job this was, I'm surprised there are so few errors. Very well done.

    FYI - I'm using Excel:mac 2011. Doubt it makes a difference, but just in case.
  3. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Moulton View Post
    Noticing a problem with the Ranger's 2nd attack gained at 5th level. I'm entering a 15th level Ranger, and it still displays as 1 attack only.

    Fantastic sheet - given just how complex of a job this was, I'm surprised there are so few errors. Very well done.

    FYI - I'm using Excel:mac 2011. Doubt it makes a difference, but just in case.
    Thanks for the feedback. Issue found and corrected for next BETA version (1.03).
  4. Yonner
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Fixed spelling errors for Sleight of Hand for next version

    Can't find reference detail in PHB regarding Saving Throws and Multiclassing, if you can point me to the details that would be great.

    Note Multiclass supports up to 3 different classes maximum

    In the multiclassing section (page 164) it lists specifically which proficiencies you gain when you multiclass. In no instances are saving throw proficiencies granted by any additional classes.
  5. Yonner
    Multiclassing as a monk is not granting shortsword or simple mele weapon proficiency. It is displayed in character sheet 2, but the proficiency bonus isn't isn't being added into weapon attack, and it shows as non-proficient on the weapon field.
  6. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonner View Post
    In the multiclassing section (page 164) it lists specifically which proficiencies you gain when you multiclass. In no instances are saving throw proficiencies granted by any additional classes.
    Thanks, corrected in next BETA version (1.04)
  7. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonner View Post
    Multiclassing as a monk is not granting shortsword or simple mele weapon proficiency. It is displayed in character sheet 2, but the proficiency bonus isn't isn't being added into weapon attack, and it shows as non-proficient on the weapon field.
    Issue found and corrected in next BETA (1.04)
  8. Dyabolique
    Beta 1.03 has the "Additional Hit Points" box as requested, however it is not selectable or editable.
  9. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyabolique View Post
    Beta 1.03 has the "Additional Hit Points" box as requested, however it is not selectable or editable.
    Roger that, fixed in next BETA (1.04). Thanks
  10. MadBeard
    Good work ForgedAnvil. Really great tool.
    I have a question though. Like psychocazza who asked this in comment section, I also have problem or I don't realize how to do it. I can enter stats and all stuff but nothing shows on character sheet tab or on info box on the right side of Start tab. Is there something like Commit button or something that I don't see? How can I make stats to show on char sheet (tabs char sheet I-IV)?
    I tried this in 1.0 and 1.04 beta versions.
    I have Excel 2010.
  11. Vin
    The draconic resilience for dragon bloodline sorcerer appears to work fine for hit points, however it doesn't raise the base AC to 13. Tested with Beta 1.04, observed from the armor part with 'none' selected as well as from the character sheet I Armor section.
  12. Warunsun
    Beta version's macro is removing some of the standard text on the character sheet. In particular on page 2 you loose ATTUNED MAGIC ITEMS, CHARACTER NOTES, and strangely the "Shortsword of Keith Strombard +1" remains on that page instead. Updated beta version also does this.

    So far this looks like a great sheet! Thanks for your submission. Could you add a copy of the sheet without the example character to the zip file as well? Thanks.

    PS: There are entries for Campaign and Region but neither export to the character sheet pages.
  13. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeard View Post
    Good work ForgedAnvil. Really great tool.
    I have a question though. Like psychocazza who asked this in comment section, I also have problem or I don't realize how to do it. I can enter stats and all stuff but nothing shows on character sheet tab or on info box on the right side of Start tab. Is there something like Commit button or something that I don't see? How can I make stats to show on char sheet (tabs char sheet I-IV)?
    I tried this in 1.0 and 1.04 beta versions.
    I have Excel 2010.
    If the Experience cell is empty then data entered will not be visible on the character sheets. Entering a value of 0 or higher will show all enetered details. This is done so that users may print a blank version of the sheets to use with pen and paper.
  14. TarionzCousin
    Thanks. This is a great help. I have always preferred Excel character sheets.

    Nice work!
  15. JTorres
    Regarding v1.04, I think there's another bug: 2nd level Warlock selects two invocations but the sheet only allows for one.
  16. MadBeard
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    If the Experience cell is empty then data entered will not be visible on the character sheets. Entering a value of 0 or higher will show all enetered details. This is done so that users may print a black version of the sheets to use with pen and paper.
    Ah so. OK now it works. Thanks for quick answer. Maybe you should write a note about this like you did for Reset: "RESET ALL: CTRL+SHIFT+S".
  17. MadBeard
    @psychocazza

    You must enter value for XP field for stats to show on char sheet tabs. See ForgedAnvil answer in the thread
  18. meomwt
    I downloaded this yesterday and played with it a little. There are a couple of little oddities which I found.

    - The Bardic Class power "Font of Inspiration" appears as "Fond of Inspiration" - a minor type.
    - I created a Fighter/ Champion, but the maneuvers available to the Battle Master were opened for selection. Don't think that they should be.

    This is a fantastic utility, many many thanks for the hard work which you have put in. It's much appreciated.
  19. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by JTorres View Post
    Regarding v1.04, I think there's another bug: 2nd level Warlock selects two invocations but the sheet only allows for one.
    Issue found and correct for BETA 1.05, thanks.
  20. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by meomwt View Post
    I downloaded this yesterday and played with it a little. There are a couple of little oddities which I found.

    - The Bardic Class power "Font of Inspiration" appears as "Fond of Inspiration" - a minor type.
    - I created a Fighter/ Champion, but the maneuvers available to the Battle Master were opened for selection. Don't think that they should be.

    This is a fantastic utility, many many thanks for the hard work which you have put in. It's much appreciated.
    Thanks for the feedback, issue found and corrected in next BETA version (1.05)

Report File

Reason










Report Comment

Reason






Report Link

Reason