ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

XP Jiroa, Beleriphon, Morrus, Shadowmage, Moomintroll and 64 others gave XP for this post

1. criik
    I was planning a build for my warlock. When I got to Paladin 2/Warlock 5 and went to add an Invocation to Warlock 5, the Thirsting Blade invocation did not appear. I have Pact of the Blade selected. There are a bunch of "blank" invocations at the end of the dropdown, so it may be one of those and just not getting filled in. I tried to track down the Tables sheet in order to check the formulas, but it is a hidden sheet and the sheets are protected so I could not try to self diagnose the problem.
  2. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by criik View Post
    I was planning a build for my warlock. When I got to Paladin 2/Warlock 5 and went to add an Invocation to Warlock 5, the Thirsting Blade invocation did not appear. I have Pact of the Blade selected. There are a bunch of "blank" invocations at the end of the dropdown, so it may be one of those and just not getting filled in. I tried to track down the Tables sheet in order to check the formulas, but it is a hidden sheet and the sheets are protected so I could not try to self diagnose the problem.
    Thanks for the feedback, issue found (along with other issues with the Warlock Invocations dropdown list) and corrected for next BETA release (1.06). For now just type "Thirsting Blade" into the tool and it will work (though does not show up in the drop down list).
  3. MadmanMike83
    I love this sheet. Is there an over/under on when there's going to be a C&D?
  4. MadmanMike83
    Also, I get a run-time error (438) "Object Doesn't Support this Property or Method" when trying to clear data in Excel 2013 with the latest Beta.
  5. Warunsun
    Version 1.05 - Using clear all macro causes run time error #438 and sheet doesn't clear out. Thanks.
  6. Yonner
    v1.05

Barbarian isn't getting Unarmored Defense (Con mod to AC when unarmored).
    Monk isn't getting Unarmored Defense (at level 2 - Wis mod to AC when unarmored).

Just as a side note for when these are fixed, a multiclass Barbarian/Monk only gets the Unarmored Defense feature that is earned first. So a Barbarian 1 / Monk 2 would have UD of 10 + con mod + dex mod. Flip them around to Monk 2/ Barbarian 1 and the UD would be 10 + Wis mod + Dex mod. Go Monk, Barbarian, Monk and you get the Barbarian UD.
  7. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The draconic resilience for dragon bloodline sorcerer appears to work fine for hit points, however it doesn't raise the base AC to 13. Tested with Beta 1.04, observed from the armor part with 'none' selected as well as from the character sheet I Armor section.
    Issue found and corrected in 1.05 BETA, Thanks
  8. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonner View Post
    v1.05
    Barbarian isn't getting Unarmored Defense (Con mod to AC when unarmored).
    Monk isn't getting Unarmored Defense (at level 2 - Wis mod to AC when unarmored).
    Just as a side note for when these are fixed, a multiclass Barbarian/Monk only gets the Unarmored Defense feature that is earned first. So a Barbarian 1 / Monk 2 would have UD of 10 + con mod + dex mod. Flip them around to Monk 2/ Barbarian 1 and the UD would be 10 + Wis mod + Dex mod. Go Monk, Barbarian, Monk and you get the Barbarian UD.

Issue found and corrected in BETA version 1.06.

I've chosen to use the highest value from all classes that receive an AC increase from class features. For example

DEX 16 (+3)
    CON 14 (+2)
    WIS 18 (+4)

If you are a Barbarian 2/Sorcerer Draconic Bloodline 2/Monk 2

No armor no shield

Barbarian = 10+Dex+Con = 15
    Sorcerer = 13 + Dex = 16
    Monk = 10 + Dex + Wis = 18

AC = 18 (Monk)

Wielding a shield (assuming proficiency) and no armor:
    Barbarian = 10+Dex+Con +2 = 17
    Sorcerer = 13 + Dex + 2 = 18
    Monk = 10 + Dex = 13

AC = 18 (Sorcerer)

If there is more detail on this topic, that would be great to read.
  9. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by MadmanMike83 View Post
    I love this sheet. Is there an over/under on when there's going to be a C&D?
    Don't know what you mean by over/under and C&D
  10. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by MadmanMike83 View Post
    Also, I get a run-time error (438) "Object Doesn't Support this Property or Method" when trying to clear data in Excel 2013 with the latest Beta.
    Issue found and corrected in 1.06 BETA
  11. Micco
    Nice sheet! Thanks

Any chance you could take the gods list outside the protected sheets? We don't play in an official WOTC world, so the list of gods is different.
  12. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Micco View Post
    Nice sheet! Thanks

Any chance you could take the gods list outside the protected sheets? We don't play in an official WOTC world, so the list of gods is different.
    Many fields are user definable (to an extent). For example typing the name of a custom Deity is accepted and will be shown on the Character Sheet, however no detail will show on the Start worksheet regarding, domains, symbol etc. The list will stay for easy reference and selection.
  13. Micco
    Okay, I understand. I think I can fix it on my end.
  14. Jeff Moulton
    Are you planning on adding the EE races (Deep Gnome, Genasi, Goliath) to the sheet? Will it be in time of the start of the new AL season? (no pressure.... )
  15. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Moulton View Post
    Are you planning on adding the EE races (Deep Gnome, Genasi, Goliath) to the sheet? Will it be in time of the start of the new AL season? (no pressure.... )
    It will be easy to add these, but I do not have the details as yet... been busy.
  16. ForgedAnvil
    Interested to know if anyone has tested on Excel for iOS or Android. Any feedback would be great, thanks.
  17. 00arak00
    I noticed that warlock pact of tome does not increase cantrips.
    Granted it is tied to the item but could be nice to have them listed.
  18. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by 00arak00 View Post
    I noticed that warlock pact of tome does not increase cantrips.
    Granted it is tied to the item but could be nice to have them listed.
    Pact of the Tome will list 3 additional cantrips in 1.07 BETA, however you will need to type the name of the cantrip that is not in the Warlock cantrip list
  19. docalien
    I'm still not seeing the Unarmored Defense bonus using the 1.06 BETA. My AC is showing as 14 (10 + 4 dex), when it should be showing as 17 (10 + 4 dex + 3 wis). Is there something I have to select to "activate" this? I had Armor and Shield set as "none" (UD requires that you have neither).

Also, are there plans to add in the Ki skills (Flurry of Blows, Patient Defense, Step of the Wind) and possibly a tracker of sorts to show how much Ki you have left?
  20. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by docalien View Post
    I'm still not seeing the Unarmored Defense bonus using the 1.06 BETA. My AC is showing as 14 (10 + 4 dex), when it should be showing as 17 (10 + 4 dex + 3 wis). Is there something I have to select to "activate" this? I had Armor and Shield set as "none" (UD requires that you have neither).

Also, are there plans to add in the Ki skills (Flurry of Blows, Patient Defense, Step of the Wind) and possibly a tracker of sorts to show how much Ki you have left?
    Issue found for Unarmored Defense, corrected for 1.07 BETA. Added Ki skills but no tracker at the moment (only shown in Class features list)

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason