ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

XP Jiroa, Beleriphon, Morrus, Shadowmage, Moomintroll and 64 others gave XP for this post

1. Jeff Moulton
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. For the bard spells, do you mean the feature magical secrets, all class spells are not shown? If so, this is by design, any spell that is not in the class list (for any class/subclass) is not shown otherwise it is difficult to see which spells are from the class list (or subclass).

You must also be able to cast the level of spell for the dropdown to become visible.

if this is not what you meant, will need further details as I am observing the correct bard spells in the dropdown list for all spell levels in the spellcasting sheet
    Sorry, this was a user error problem. I was giving my PC the higher XP to test, but then I wasn't actually choosing the class for each new level so the spells never loaded to the drop down lists.
  2. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Moulton View Post
    Sorry, this was a user error problem. I was giving my PC the higher XP to test, but then I wasn't actually choosing the class for each new level so the spells never loaded to the drop down lists.
    Ahh, cool. no problem
  3. Jeff Moulton
    This isn't a bug but more of a request, and frankly I don't have an idea of how to fix this problem other than to make the print even smaller. With the spells, 20 slots isn't enough to cover the number of spells available to many classes, particularly at 1st and 2nd levels. I had thought possibly shrinking the 8th and 9th level lists, but that just moves the problem onto the Wizard class. Is there a way to change the spell list area so that I can list ALL of the spells of each level?
  4. dragon3y3
    Looking Great! Well done. Just would like to comment that it would be nice to have a version number, say under your Anvil logo so I can keep straight which characters I have and haven't upgraded to the latest sheet.
  5. designbot
    • Under Carrying Capacity on Character Sheet I, the second Encumbered should be Heavily Encumbered.
    • The suggested calculations for character weight are incorrect. (Understandable, because the table on pg. 121 of the PHB is pretty confusing.) The weight and height are both supposed to be affected by the same die roll, making them proportional to each other. For example, to determine the height and weight of a human, you roll 2d10. If we call the result of that roll t, the height of a human is 4'8" + t inches, and the weight of a human is 110 + (t * 2d4) pounds. This results in a range of 4'10" - 6'4" and 114 - 270 pounds. Your sheet simply suggests 110 * 2d4, which would put the normal range of humans at 220 - 880 pounds. It might also be nice to include a generator for this.
  6. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon3y3 View Post
    Looking Great! Well done. Just would like to comment that it would be nice to have a version number, say under your Anvil logo so I can keep straight which characters I have and haven't upgraded to the latest sheet.
    Thanks for the feedback, updated for V1.12
  7. MrDarkflame
    Selecting Dragonborn is yielding #N/A for RACE, BACKGROUND, CLASS & FEATS section. All other races appear to be working correctly.
  8. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by designbot View Post
    • Under Carrying Capacity on Character Sheet I, the second Encumbered should be Heavily Encumbered.
    • The suggested calculations for character weight are incorrect. (Understandable, because the table on pg. 121 of the PHB is pretty confusing.) The weight and height are both supposed to be affected by the same die roll, making them proportional to each other. For example, to determine the height and weight of a human, you roll 2d10. If we call the result of that roll t, the height of a human is 4'8" + t inches, and the weight of a human is 110 + (t * 2d4) pounds. This results in a range of 4'10" - 6'4" and 114 - 270 pounds. Your sheet simply suggests 110 * 2d4, which would put the normal range of humans at 220 - 880 pounds. It might also be nice to include a generator for this.
    Unfortunately there is not enough space to add Heavily. Decided to go with Encumbered (as you are still encumbered) but differentiate by using the text conditions underneath.

I fully understand the height and weight calculation, but you're right it's not clear in the sheet - I'll work on a way to make this clearer in V1.12

I am avoiding the generator for height and weight as the free versions of Excel (iOS, Android, Windows 10) don't allow macros, form controls or active X controls (it's also cool to roll dice). Although currently there is the reset all macro (CTRL+SHIFT+S), this is only for Excel 2010-2013 users (and primarily used by me in development). If you download the latest file it should already be "reset" and ready to rock.
  9. MrDarkflame
    I am avoiding the generator for height and weight as the free versions of Excel (iOS, Android, Windows 10) don't allow macros, form controls or active X controls (it's also cool to roll dice). Although currently there is the reset all macro (CTRL+SHIFT+S), this is only for Excel 2010-2013 users (and primarily used by me in development). If you download the latest file it should already be "reset" and ready to rock.
    You could use =RANDBETWEEN(1,6) for 1d6 and set calculation to manual. Then make a note to press F9 when you want to roll dice. No macro/forms needed and using built-in functions that should work for free versions of Excel.
  10. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDarkflame View Post
    Selecting Dragonborn is yielding #N/A for RACE, BACKGROUND, CLASS & FEATS section. All other races appear to be working correctly.
    #N/A appears if Dragon Ancestry has not been selected, once it is selected (other than Select...) then #N/A no longer appears

Fixed this behaviour in V1.12
  11. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDarkflame View Post
    You could use =RANDBETWEEN(1,6) for 1d6 and set calculation to manual. Then make a note to press F9 when you want to roll dice. No macro/forms needed and using built-in functions that should work for free versions of Excel.
    This is challenging as once the workbook is set to manual calculation, this effects all other formula throughout the workbook.

I have implemented this:

Attachment 67588
  12. designbot
    This is challenging as once the workbook is set to manual calculation, this effects all other formula throughout the workbook.

I have implemented this:

Attachment 67588
    Clever.
  13. designbot
    One more: On Character Sheet III, "Spells Slots" should be "Spell Slots"
  14. brainz80
    First of all great work. I have a small issue though. I play a Tiefling and though I can select 'Thaumaturgy' from the cantrip select-list, I cannot select 'Hellish Rebuke' or 'Darkness'. This is a small problem, but I decided to mention it nevertheless

Also 'Thieve's cant' should probably be automatically added to the 'Character Sheet I / Languages' -box if your character happens to be a rogue.
  15. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by designbot View Post
    One more: On Character Sheet III, "Spells Slots" should be "Spell Slots"
    Thanks, corrected for V1.13
  16. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by brainz80 View Post
    First of all great work. I have a small issue though. I play a Tiefling and though I can select 'Thaumaturgy' from the cantrip select-list, I cannot select 'Hellish Rebuke' or 'Darkness'. This is a small problem, but I decided to mention it nevertheless

Also 'Thieve's cant' should probably be automatically added to the 'Character Sheet I / Languages' -box if your character happens to be a rogue.
    Thanks for the feedback. Corrected 'Hellish Rebuke' and 'Darkness'. Issue found with Thieve's cant not showing up for Class Languages in the Start sheet, updated for V1.13

For now you can just type the spell for Hellish Rebuke and Darkness into the Spellcasting sheet. Likewise with Thieve's cant, you can type (or select I believe) from the languages list
  17. recon35
    Many thanks for your hard work. We are using version 1.07 and loving the convenience. Again, many thanks.
  18. dragon3y3
    Found a weird bug today. When editing attacks in the OVERRIDES section, if you enter say 120 in the range field, it does not show up at all under attacks on "Character Sheet I".
  19. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon3y3 View Post
    Found a weird bug today. When editing attacks in the OVERRIDES section, if you enter say 120 in the range field, it does not show up at all under attacks on "Character Sheet I".
    Thanks for the feedback, correct issue in V1.13
  20. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by recon35 View Post
    Many thanks for your hard work. We are using version 1.07 and loving the convenience. Again, many thanks.
    Great, let me know if you find any issues.

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason