ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator


XP Jiroa, Beleriphon, Morrus, Shadowmage, Moomintroll and 64 others gave XP for this post

  1. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilsolty View Post
    When I create a new character and select a level in Barbarian or Monk I get a #VALUE! in the right hand column in Start (and in Race, Background, Class, and Feats on Character Sheet II). Am I doing something wrong?
    Need a little more information for troubleshooting. Have you entered all ability scores?
  2. Lilsolty
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    Need a little more information for troubleshooting. Have you entered all ability scores?
    Ahh I did not! That did the trick! Thanks for the quick response!
  3. Donpoohbear
    is there a way to add races i wanted to use the warforged from 4e http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged
  4. ForgedAnvil
    At the moment, the short answer is no there is not.

    Races (and subraces) can be quite complex, something I've been thinking about
  5. Donpoohbear
    ok thanks for all your work and i appreciate the speedy response .
  6. Tozjia
    Currently when I select the Magic Initiate feat. the cantrips and 1st level spell can be hand entered to have it show up on the spell sheet. Is there anyway to get the casting class, casting attribute, DC, etc to show up on the Spell Sheet? If not, can this be considered a feature request?

    Thanks muchly, You have out-done yourself with this creator/sheet. If this doesn't rank at the top, it is damn close. Well done!
  7. Warunsun
    Hey Donpoohbear. Warforged are actually very easy to enter!

    How to enter a Warforged character with ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator v1.24:

    STEPS
    1. You should calculate your final ability scores at 1st level if you are using point buy or a special system. Otherwise, record your ability scores on a scrap paper. Warforged get Strength and Constitution scores increased by 1. Increase those ability scores on your scrap paper.
    2. Open a new copy of the sheet and save it as your character's name or something.
    3. Make sure that the Variant Human option is not checked.
    4. Enter your ability scores from your scrap paper, however, reduce each one of them by one point.
    5. Next, enter an experience value. For new characters use 0 XP.
    6. Select your class on the drop-down menu for first level.
    7. Enter your character's name.
    8. On the race drop-down menu select "Human." Again make sure that the Variant Human option is not checked.
    9. Next to the race drop-down menu in the Rename tab enter "Warforged".
    10. In section 10: "Armor & Shields" under the other armor override select "+1". This is for the "Composite Plating."
    11. Go to the Character Sheet II tab and on the first line under Character Notes type out or cut and paste the following: (Keep each segment on a new line aka don't paste them all into the same cell.)
    Warforged—Composite Plating: Your construction
    incorporates wood and metal, granting you a +1 bonus
    to Armor Class.
    Living Construct: Even though you were constructed,
    you are a living creature. You are immune to disease.
    You do not need to eat or breathe, but you can ingest
    food and drink if you wish. Instead of sleeping, you
    enter an inactive state for 4 hours each day.
    You do not dream in this state; you are fully aware of
    your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and
    other events as normal.
    12. Your character is now complete and legal as a Warforged. Go back to the "Start" section and finish entering your character. The only display anomaly which is very easily overlooked is the part where it says "+1 to all ability scores" instead of "+1 Strength, +1 Constitution" under "RACE, BACKGROUND, CLASS & FEATS". But the character will calculate absolutely correctly as a Warforged.
  8. ForgedAnvil
    Nice one
  9. Donpoohbear
    thanks very much
  10. Warunsun
    Note: Druids don't seem to be getting their Ability Score Adjustment/Feat option at 4th level. Not sure about higher levels.
  11. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    Note: Druids don't seem to be getting their Ability Score Adjustment/Feat option at 4th level. Not sure about higher levels.
    Issue found and corrected in V1.25
  12. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    Hey Donpoohbear. Warforged are actually very easy to enter!

    How to enter a Warforged character with ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator v1.24:

    STEPS
    1. You should calculate your final ability scores at 1st level if you are using point buy or a special system. Otherwise, record your ability scores on a scrap paper. Warforged get Strength and Constitution scores increased by 1. Increase those ability scores on your scrap paper.
    2. Open a new copy of the sheet and save it as your character's name or something.
    3. Make sure that the Variant Human option is not checked.
    4. Enter your ability scores from your scrap paper, however, reduce each one of them by one point.
    5. Next, enter an experience value. For new characters use 0 XP.
    6. Select your class on the drop-down menu for first level.
    7. Enter your character's name.
    8. On the race drop-down menu select "Human." Again make sure that the Variant Human option is not checked.
    9. Next to the race drop-down menu in the Rename tab enter "Warforged".
    10. In section 10: "Armor & Shields" under the other armor override select "+1". This is for the "Composite Plating."
    11. Go to the Character Sheet II tab and on the first line under Character Notes type out or cut and paste the following: (Keep each segment on a new line aka don't paste them all into the same cell.)
    Warforged—Composite Plating: Your construction
    incorporates wood and metal, granting you a +1 bonus
    to Armor Class.
    Living Construct: Even though you were constructed,
    you are a living creature. You are immune to disease.
    You do not need to eat or breathe, but you can ingest
    food and drink if you wish. Instead of sleeping, you
    enter an inactive state for 4 hours each day.
    You do not dream in this state; you are fully aware of
    your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and
    other events as normal.
    12. Your character is now complete and legal as a Warforged. Go back to the "Start" section and finish entering your character. The only display anomaly which is very easily overlooked is the part where it says "+1 to all ability scores" instead of "+1 Strength, +1 Constitution" under "RACE, BACKGROUND, CLASS & FEATS". But the character will calculate absolutely correctly as a Warforged.

    You can now add one custom race to the tool. The Warforged race is now a possibility using the custom race selection (see V1.25 for Warforged example)
  13. Warunsun
    The custom race section idea is awesome. Thanks. I have been stating NPCs for U3: The Final Enemy and there are tons of non-standard companion characters like the previously mentioned Aquatic Elf and even Lizardfolk. I probably wouldn't re-enter them since they are going to be used tomorrow but this custom section will help folks do Eberron, DragonLance, etc.
  14. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozjia View Post
    Currently when I select the Magic Initiate feat. the cantrips and 1st level spell can be hand entered to have it show up on the spell sheet. Is there anyway to get the casting class, casting attribute, DC, etc to show up on the Spell Sheet? If not, can this be considered a feature request?

    Thanks muchly, You have out-done yourself with this creator/sheet. If this doesn't rank at the top, it is damn close. Well done!
    Thanks for the feedback, currently this is not possible but may be implemented in future versions
  15. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Donpoohbear View Post
    is there a way to add races i wanted to use the warforged from 4e http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged
    V1.25 now has one custom race, Warforged is the example
  16. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    The custom race section idea is awesome. Thanks. I have been stating NPCs for U3: The Final Enemy and there are tons of non-standard companion characters like the previously mentioned Aquatic Elf and even Lizardfolk. I probably wouldn't re-enter them since they are going to be used tomorrow but this custom section will help folks do Eberron, DragonLance, etc.
    Give it a try, it doesn't cover everything but should be suitable for most races as a start
  17. BurntToast
    Bug: When creating a custom deity, selecting Neutral alignment marks the deity as Neutral Good.

    Keep up the good work!
  18. Warunsun
    Bug: Something is screwy with speed on the custom race. I have 30 entered but it keeps coming out 20 ft.

    Edit: I used the clear all macro and it seems to be working OK now. Not sure how the sheet got confused.

    Edit2: Something is awry with character speed. Opening a fresh copy and trying to make a Human character. Speed at first seemed to be listed as 30 ft but went down to 20 ft.
  19. Arkanis81
    Bug: Subrace appears to be hidden. You are still able to select one, but the cell stays hidden.
  20. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    Bug: Something is screwy with speed on the custom race. I have 30 entered but it keeps coming out 20 ft.

    Edit: I used the clear all macro and it seems to be working OK now. Not sure how the sheet got confused.

    Edit2: Something is awry with character speed. Opening a fresh copy and trying to make a Human character. Speed at first seemed to be listed as 30 ft but went down to 20 ft.
    Thanks for the feedback. Issue found, I implemented when a characters Strength is less than the Strength requirement for Heavy Armor then subtract 10 from the Characters speed. If you select armor as none then it works as intended. Fixed in V1.26

Report File

Reason










Report Comment

Reason






Report Link

Reason