ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator


XP Jiroa, Beleriphon, Morrus, Shadowmage, Moomintroll and 63 others gave XP for this post

  1. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkanis81 View Post
    Bug: Subrace appears to be hidden. You are still able to select one, but the cell stays hidden.
    Current implementation is if there is no subclass for a class then it will hide. Which class are you selecting?
  2. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntToast View Post
    Bug: When creating a custom deity, selecting Neutral alignment marks the deity as Neutral Good.

    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the feedback. Issue found and corrected in V1.26
  3. Warunsun
    Thanks for the updates. I always use the Encumbrance rules in my campaigns (which are more restrictive overall but ignore the Strength column of the Armor table). But now that I know what is up I can adjust for it. Good Gaming!
  4. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    Thanks for the updates. I always use the Encumbrance rules in my campaigns (which are more restrictive overall but ignore the Strength column of the Armor table). But now that I know what is up I can adjust for it. Good Gaming!
    I'm thinking to add the option for simple encumbrance for the next version. It will not be the default and the armor str calc only enable when simple encumbrance is checked
  5. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    Thanks for the updates. I always use the Encumbrance rules in my campaigns (which are more restrictive overall but ignore the Strength column of the Armor table). But now that I know what is up I can adjust for it. Good Gaming!
    I've implemented a separate encumbrance option in V1.27. If Variant Encumbrance is checked then as it was before (no armor strength penalty). If unchecked then no penalties except for armor strength penalty.
  6. Arkanis81
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    Current implementation is if there is no subclass for a class then it will hide. Which class are you selecting?
    Many apologies, I should have tested this more thoroughly before posting. When I was selecting a race (Dwarf for example), the Subrace selection wasn't appearing (for Dwarf, Hill or Mountain). You could still select a subrace if you knew the correct cell, but the cell would appear to remain blank.

    Testing this on my desktop, everything worked fine. Went back to my laptop, still the same problem. Checking the Excel versions, it appears I'm running 2007 on the laptop, which I should have checked beforehand. Again, many apologies.
  7. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkanis81 View Post
    Many apologies, I should have tested this more thoroughly before posting. When I was selecting a race (Dwarf for example), the Subrace selection wasn't appearing (for Dwarf, Hill or Mountain). You could still select a subrace if you knew the correct cell, but the cell would appear to remain blank.

    Testing this on my desktop, everything worked fine. Went back to my laptop, still the same problem. Checking the Excel versions, it appears I'm running 2007 on the laptop, which I should have checked beforehand. Again, many apologies.
    No problem, cool that you worked through it...

    FYI by the middle to end of this year a free touch friendly version of Microsoft Excel (very similar to Excel for iOS and Excel for Android) will be available for Windows 10 and should be able to run this file (actually Excel Preview for Windows 10 runs better than Excel 2013 at the moment, except you can't run the macro but not really needed if you save the original blank file first and just use it for new characters)
  8. criik
    Forest and Deep Gnomes are receiving a tool proficiency slot for Tinker's Tools. This should only go to Rock Gnomes.
  9. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by criik View Post
    Forest and Deep Gnomes are receiving a tool proficiency slot for Tinker's Tools. This should only go to Rock Gnomes.
    Thanks for the feedback, will correct for V1.29
  10. BurntToast
    Bug: Custom Deity - Filling in all the fields for Custom Deity makes it so it doesn't show up on the list on the Start page. Well, the name doesn't show up but if you click on the first blank listing after "Custom"... everything else fills in except for the Deity name.
  11. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntToast View Post
    Bug: Custom Deity - Filling in all the fields for Custom Deity makes it so it doesn't show up on the list on the Start page. Well, the name doesn't show up but if you click on the first blank listing after "Custom"... everything else fills in except for the Deity name.
    Thanks for the feedback, Issue found in reset macro, fixed for V1.30
  12. flwad
    Please add Healer's kit to Tools Section. I carry This and have no effective way to add it. Thanks.
  13. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by flwad View Post
    Please add Healer's kit to Tools Section. I carry This and have no effective way to add it. Thanks.
    Look into it, the Healer's kit does not appear in the Tools section but appears in the Equipment section. The Healer's kit does not appear to be a tool, let me know is this is not the case.

    I did find an issue when typing your own "Tool" into the Start sheet that it doesn't show in Character Sheet I. I've corrected this in V1.30, so that you can just type Healer's kit into the Tools section and it will show in Character Sheet I.

    Equipment should be manually entered into the GEAR section in Character Sheet II, this might be the best place for the Healer's kit details.
  14. Warunsun
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgedAnvil View Post
    V1.31 09 Apr 2015
    - Added base armor, armor proficiency, resistances and spells to custom Race.
    Awesome.

    A couple of ideas/enhancement requests:
    • Bonus Feats—I am not currently DMing or running a campaign with bonus feats but in the past I have played them were first level characters were given a bonus feat or one bestowed by magic/rewards. Be nice to have an override to add additional feats.
    • Proficiency Bonus—In my current game I have an optional rule related to multiclassing that changes the proficiency bonus of said character. It would be awesome to have a proficiency bonus override. I guess this is a strange request.
    • Gemstones—There is probably not room on the sheet but it would be nice to have Gems listed with the Coins section.


    Thanks for your efforts.
  15. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Warunsun View Post
    Awesome.

    A couple of ideas/enhancement requests:
    • Bonus Feats—I am not currently DMing or running a campaign with bonus feats but in the past I have played them were first level characters were given a bonus feat or one bestowed by magic/rewards. Be nice to have an override to add additional feats.
    • Proficiency Bonus—In my current game I have an optional rule related to multiclassing that changes the proficiency bonus of said character. It would be awesome to have a proficiency bonus override. I guess this is a strange request.
    • Gemstones—There is probably not room on the sheet but it would be nice to have Gems listed with the Coins section.


    Thanks for your efforts.
    Bonus Feats - Something I've been thinking to implement, especially for magical items that may grant a feat for example. Will look to do this for the next release
    Proficiency Bonus - I think the best way to implement this is to have an adjustment (e.g. -3,-2,-1,0,+1,+2,+3) to Proficiency Bonus and not to override it as it is a key element to the game mechanics. I think this is reasonable as some magical items might enhance or curse your overall proficiency (extraordinarily powerful items - artifacts etc.)
    Gemstones - You're right, there is limited space on the character sheet for this. Maybe use the sheet II or IV for this info.
  16. the_eaps
    Hey ForgedAnvil,

    Based on your request for v1.31:


    Platform Support
    ...
    (Might also work in Google docs Sheets application, if you've tried it let me know if it works!)

    Alas, I uploaded it to my Google drive and I could not open the file.

    I missed a couple of releases... thanks for adding in Second Wind for the fighters! I think that was missing in a previous version.

    Really love this. Have you considered putting it on Roll20 as an item in the shop? This is really solid, quality work.
    Thank you,
    the_eaps
  17. the_eaps
    Oh, and let me know if you have any specific Google Drive testing... happy to help you out.
  18. Sionathan
    Love your sheet, but am not a fan of the primary color scheme nor Arial font. Is there any chance i could get you to unlock those so i can skin it differently?
  19. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by the_eaps View Post
    Hey ForgedAnvil,

    Based on your request for v1.31:


    Platform Support
    ...
    (Might also work in Google docs Sheets application, if you've tried it let me know if it works!)

    Alas, I uploaded it to my Google drive and I could not open the file.

    I missed a couple of releases... thanks for adding in Second Wind for the fighters! I think that was missing in a previous version.

    Really love this. Have you considered putting it on Roll20 as an item in the shop? This is really solid, quality work.
    Thank you,
    the_eaps
    Thanks for testing - Ahh well, such is life, can't have everything Excel is free these days so that's cool. Any issues you've come across with Excel for iOS?

    I've not looked into Roll20 before...
  20. ForgedAnvil
    Quote Originally Posted by Sionathan View Post
    Love your sheet, but am not a fan of the primary color scheme nor Arial font. Is there any chance i could get you to unlock those so i can skin it differently?
    I'm using Arial and Arial Narrow through-out the file to keep it simple, ensure everything "fits" into the cells and to be as compatible as possible (Arial is one of the most common fonts and has quite a good character set).

    The colour scheme is optional, you can turn it off in the options (black and white). I'm using conditional formatting on Character Sheet I only, adjusting colours is more challenging than just highlighting a cell and changing the colour.

    I'm open to ideas with the colour options though - e.g. option 1, as is, option 2 different colours, option 3 more different colours etc

Report File

Reason










Report Comment

Reason






Report Link

Reason