ForgedAnvil 5E Characters

ForgedAnvil 5E Characters

1. Chris Wetzel
    re: forged anvil generator.
    well if it found its way to krs.wetzel@gmail.com that said person would be most appreciative as his copy has stopped working apparently

thanks if possible or not

krs
  2. phoffman
    Quote Originally Posted by Conandar View Post
    Each text may be limited to 255, but multiple texts can be strung together "text 1" & "text 2" & "text 3", and thereby bypassing the 255 limit. At least, that is what FA told me before he went M.I.A., and that solved a problem I was having.
    Ah I will have to try that.
  3. Timtumm
    Quote Originally Posted by phoffman View Post
    Type "Sea" under subrace. There is an issue with selecting "Sea Elf"
    Thanks. It worked!
  4. Stormrider73
    Quote Originally Posted by Conandar View Post
    That would be cool, but I would not hold my breath at this point. The original creator went M.I.A. after receiving a WotC C&D order, and the team that took over has not been heard from for some time (we are still waiting for a non-beta version with the Xanathar material). WotC wants you to use D&DBeyond and is actively suppressing cool (and free) tools like this one.
    I refuse to use D&D Beyond for exactly this reason. Not to mention most of their stuff sucks and is way over priced.
  5. Stormrider73
    I hope the development team picks things back up. This is my entire groups preferred character sheet system to use.
  6. Grendelmoe
    I am going to guess that all of the people who have worked on this have gotten Cease and Desist orders from WotC.
  7. Conandar
    That would be my guess, as well. They are fine with the standard pencil and paper method, of course, or D&DB (they get a piece of the pie), and can really do nothing if players make something like ForgedAnvil's generator as long as they restrict it to personal use only, but as soon as it starts getting distributed they get their knickers in a twist. What they either do not understand, or just do not care about, is that some of the players are disabled and the PnP method is a no go, and D&DB is a no go because of both cost and a lack of internet connectivity where we play this game. That and D&DB is, in my opinion, clunky at best.
  8. Mortilupo
    Actually they can distribute it also so long as they don't sell it. So long as it doesn't have complete word for word text of of the books in it, which is where the paraphrasing comes in with just the meat of the ability listed and reference to the source. Personal use isn't just your individual use, the key parts are not selling it and not having complete text. The C&D rely on the fact that most of us don't have the money to fight them so we go along even though they D&DB doesn't really have a legal case. Sadly what we need is for D&DB to make the mistake and sue a rich D&D playing lawyer...anyone know somebody?
  9. Mortilupo
    I refuse to pay a third party (D&DB) for a game I already own.
  10. Mortilupo
    I ran into that and corrected it, check ANX4 in Tables Tab, chances are the number in that field is a formula and should be 1 instead.
  11. bschrempp
    Question, I believe someone is still doing development on this. If I wanted to help, how do I get involved?
  12. Conandar
    If they are, they are being very quiet. Apparently WotC is very good at scareing any potential developers away (they have deep pockets and lawyers). Which, to be honest, is part of the reason I haven't taken a stab at it.

If I did take a stab at it, I would probably write it in Java. But any thoughts in that direction have been in a purely theoretical direction. One thing I do know is that it would NOT be web-based. It would probably be along the lines of PCGen, but not nearly as large in scale. Even if I did start coding such a thing, it would take months (most likely years), as my knowledge of Java is over 10 years old and these days I type very slowly. And my attempts at designing user interfaces would be laughable if they weren't so pathetic. So bad that they would make D&DB look like high-quality work.
  13. javasmith
    I currently have version 2.27. If I remember correctly, I think there was one more version after that...a beta maybe? If there is a later version, I would be very much obliged id someone would PM it to me. Thank you.
  14. Conandar
    v2.27 is the latest stable version. v2.28b8 contains the XGtE materials, but is definitely still in beta and will probably stay that way since the WotC/D&DB attack dogs have been let loose.
  15. Conandar
    v2.27 is the latest stable version. v2.28b8 contains the XGtE materials, but is definitely still in beta and will probably stay that way since the WotC/D&DB attack dogs have been let loose. Too bad there is nothing for GGR, and from what I can see there is material there that would require some rework to be supported properly.
  16. calcu10n
    Quote Originally Posted by javasmith View Post
    I currently have version 2.27. If I remember correctly, I think there was one more version after that...a beta maybe? If there is a later version, I would be very much obliged id someone would PM it to me. Thank you.
    To get the latest BETA version you need to send a mail to getlink56+enw@gmail.com, then, you will get a reply with a private link.
  17. jmsharp3
    Hi, I must be doing something wrong, as the sheet does not seem to include the proficiency bonus in te attacks, skills or saves? Can someone tell me what I am missing. I am sure it is easy and right in front of me.
    Thanks,

I have tried to upload some screen shots.... let me know if this works. If not, can you send me an email address or some other way to correspond?
  18. Conandar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsharp3 View Post
    Hi, I must be doing something wrong, as the sheet does not seem to include the proficiency bonus in te attacks, skills or saves? Can someone tell me what I am missing. I am sure it is easy and right in front of me.
    Thanks,
    It might help if you would include screenshots of the Start and CSI pages. My guess, though, is that you didn't fill out something on the Start page, but I can't be more help without more details.
    What version of the generator are you using? v2.27 is the latest stable version, and v2.28 BETA 8 is the latest beta version.
    Are you using any overrides? Try get rid of any overrides you may have used, and see if that helps.
    Are you using anything on the Custom page? If so, screenshots of that might help there, too. On the beta version, I find that using any but the first (left-most) has problems.

I truly wish I were the wiz with Excel that ForgedAnvil is, but I am not.
  19. jmsharp3
    Screen shots attached to my original post. Appreciate any help you can provide.
  20. Conandar
    Proficience Dice is a number that changes in the course of a game session, instead of a fixed value, so it can not be included in the listed values. If you did not mean to use that alternate method of proficiency, toggle the option off at the top of the Start page. I can not see enough of the Start page to have an idea why the Hit Points is not working. Ammunition is normally Arrows or Bolts, not a number, but I do not know if that may cause problems.

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason