Timelord

Thumbnail

Rating: 0
Favourites: 0

Report File

Timelord

File Information

Files   

This PC class is derived but differs substantially from Lewis Pulsipherís Timelord NPC class published in Dragon #65 in September, 1982. I undertook the conversion for personal use, but am sharing it because Iíve seen some interest on EN World for a ďchronomancerĒ type character and to receive feedback on the design. Iíve tried to remain as faithful to the original as possible while conforming to the conventions of 5th Edition. Iím beginning a personal playtest of the class soon, starting the character at 1st level as a variant human with the healer feat and the sailor background. Updates of anything useful learned from the playtest will be forthcoming.

Updated 7/9/2018: I've uploaded a new version of the pdf, mainly to change the saves imposed by the chronal powers from Intelligence to Wisdom, for most of the time-altering effects, and Constitution, for the aging effects. Another area that may be revised and in which I would particularly like to encourage feedback is the number of chronal energy points available per rest. Is it not enough? Too much? Playtesting is still pending.
  1. Hriston
    Iíve just uploaded a new version of the pdf, mostly to change the saves against the time alteration powers to use Wisdom and against the aging powers to use Constitution. They both used Intelligence before, which I did because the original powers used a save against wands which magic users were generally good at. Iíve since noticed that in 5E wands impose all sorts of saves, so Iíve gone with what makes sense.

Any feedback/criticism is more than welcome, particularly regarding the chronal energy point budget. I modeled it after the monkís ki points, especially as they operate in the Way of Four Elements. The class itself is basically a rogue Thief without many of the rogueís signature abilities, like Sneak Attack. The chronal powers are meant to replace that, but Iím not sure if itís enough or too much.

Thanks in advance.
  2. LuisCarlos17f
    I can't give a opinion about gameplay, but I could suggest about background.

You can add "time spheres", demiplanes like a mixture of crystal spheres from Spelljammer and the "old land", the hollow world from Mystara setting. When time-travelers change the past and the timeline, then there is a cosmic conflict among the parallel worlds. The losers aren't erasured o destroyed really, but they become "kingdoms of dreams" or "kingdoms of nightmare" (dystopias), with weaker planar barriers and easier to be ruled by fay lords or visited and conquered by the creatures from the far realm.
  3. Hriston
    The timelord doesnít have a robust ability to time-travel into the past. It can see into the past, and it has the ability to mimic a limited form of the wish spell, forcing a reroll of a single die roll from the last round.

That being said, I think thereís some good potential for a campaign featuring timelords in the idea of utopic and dystopic alternate realities, and that the concept could even be extended to the Feywild and Shadowfell as the repositories for such versions of the world as it might have been had events followed a different course.

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason