N.E.W. Character Sheet [July 2014 Playtest]

Thumbnail

Rating: 0
Favourites: 0

Report File

N.E.W. Character Sheet [July 2014 Playtest]

File Information

Files   

This is the latest character sheet, designed for use with the July 2014 N.E.W. playtest document. Also included is a form-fillable version.

The third file is an experimental self-calculating sheet. If you fill out the Character Development Worksheet on the back (race, careers, attribute and age adjustments) it should automatically fill out various things on the front.
  1. kevsurp
    Downloaded the new character sheet but for some reason it wont print keeps saying no pages to print
  2. Morrus
    Quote Originally Posted by kevsurp View Post
    Downloaded the new character sheet but for some reason it wont print keeps saying no pages to print
    It's just a PDF. Sounds like a job for your printer manufacturer's tech support! I'd love to help, but printer tech support is way above my proficiency level - I literally wouldn't know where to start!
  3. kevsurp
    when i open it says something about being a pdf/a
  4. Morrus
    when i open it says something about being a pdf/a
    Sorry, man! I don't know what to tell you. PDF/a is a fairly standard PDF format - most PDFs are PDF/a. If the problem is with opening it, rather than printing it, maybe update your reader software or something?

Anyone else having trouble with it? It works fine on my PC.
  5. c0rphan
    I noticed the character development worksheet doesn't have a column for LUC in it.
  6. Morrus
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rphan View Post
    I noticed the character development worksheet doesn't have a column for LUC in it.
    Oh, crap. You're right. Dammit! How did I do that?
  7. Morrus
    Apologies for the general hastiness of this. Here's a replacement sheet. Also uploading it to the downloads area.
  8. kevsurp
    ok found my problem adobe was screwed up and got foxit and a question on character sheet are you going to make it form fillable?
  9. Morrus
    ok found my problem adobe was screwed up and got foxit and a question on character sheet are you going to make it form fillable?
    I might get a form fillable one made when the game is finished. It's not something I personally have the skills to do.
  10. Morrus
    OK, I don't know if this will work. I found a tool to make form fields. I've attached what I hope is a form-fillable character sheet.

The second of the two is an experiment in trying to make the font size automatically fit the text area. Again, I don't know if it will work!
  11. Morrus
    To add to the general silence, here's an auto-calculating one. It doesn't do everything (it's not a character generator) but if you first work through the Development Worksheet on the second page and enter the species and career names and attribute adjustments, they will be automatically added up and entered into the appropriate places elsewhere on the sheet.

This was experimental - I didn't know how to do it two days ago, and I just bought a bit of software online and I've been learning as I go along, so I apologise if it's a bit flaky or buggy. I did my best!
  12. nivek1385
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    I might get a form fillable one made when the game is finished. It's not something I personally have the skills to do.
    PDFEscape.com makes it really easy...I did that with a previous version of the char sheet.

EDIT: Nevermind...I should've kept reading before responding.
  13. Tigerlil
    I haven't been able to give feedback on this as I do the majority of my geeking from an iPad...and they suck at PDFs. Formfillable, forget it

Tested this quickly on my PC now.
    It works brilliant and the autofills are great.

The Automatic Font size does not work in the Exploits, Psinoc power description and Equipment note areas. Other places where it would be relevant it seems to work.

Ace job for someone who is completely new to the wonderful world of formfillable sheets
  14. Morrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlil View Post

Ace job for someone who is completely new to the wonderful world of formfillable sheets
    Thanks!

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason