Thumbnail

Rating: +7
Favourites: 5

Report File

Old School feel 5e Character sheet

File Information

Files   

Mirrors

I created this character sheet back while D&D Next was still in playtest. Updated for the final PHB rules. Used original fonts, some classic icons from the old Goldenrod sheets, and the border from the rare and awesome D&D Coloring Book. No electronic functionality; pencil on paper like Gary would have liked it.

UPDATE: The original file is a stand alone file that has everything on it you need. The New file, named "Old School 5E D&D Character and Spell sheet.pdf" has an expanded and improved front page, with most of the suggested enhancements added in, and all magic info has been moved to a new 3rd sheet, similar to the one in the PHB, but with the same artistic style of the character sheet. Enjoy!

FORM FILLABLE UPDATE! There are now 2 excellent Form fillable versions of this Sheet, as shown in the links below!

http://monsterworkbench.com/ and

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...XBrbVVCRFZjNTQ by WastingX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. flametitan
    Interesting. I do appreciate that it doesn't remove the Traits, ideals, bonds, flaws section that most of the unofficial sheets I've gathered seem to do. There's also a fair bit of "character" in the design, which helps it feel like more than just a glorified spreadsheet.

I wish it had a form fillable version, but I can make do without.
  2. AaronOfBarbaria
    Hey, that's a nice character sheet. Great work, and thanks for sharing it.

It's not often I use sheets I didn't make myself, and this one has me wanting to gather up all the sheets of my various campaigns and copy them over to it.
  3. KaptainRon
    Thank you! Been looking for a sheet like this for a while, always loved the old school look. Now to find some golden rod paper.
  4. manduck
    Great job! This is a lot of fun. I may just use this next time I get to be a player. My only concerns are that it's missing a spot to put the skill modifiers next to the skills (which is handy) and it could use an optional spell sheet, like the last page of the official character sheet. I like listing my characters spells and the page number on my sheet for quick reference, since I don't have all the sets of spell cards. For the spell cards I do have, it makes for a handy reference sheet when putting my cards together for the game. Over all, it looks awesome and has lots of information on it for race/class/background. Very cool.
  5. Sean3DGuy
    Glad you liked it! I might put some tweaks to the Skills, as I kinda saw the same issue with no numbers, hafta work on that, it's small enough as it is! Been thinking about doing a Spell Sheet as well, since my wife likes recording all her spells too.
  6. Sean3DGuy
    Yeah, me too. I dunno how to make a Form Fillable pdf, but suppose I could Google it! For my characters, I just use AI, and overlay the text on it. Bit clunky, but it works.
  7. manduck
    I love it! It really captures that old school look. If you do a spell sheet, you can move the spell DC list to that page. You can put a check box for prepared spells next to the spell list per level. Then you'll have plenty of extra room on the first page to space out your skills and put a place for number in. Just slide race traits and class features to the left to fill in that space. You may even have the room to list the saves out so people can fill in the save numbers too.
  8. Sean3DGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by manduck View Post
    I love it! It really captures that old school look. If you do a spell sheet, you can move the spell DC list to that page. You can put a check box for prepared spells next to the spell list per level. Then you'll have plenty of extra room on the first page to space out your skills and put a place for number in. Just slide race traits and class features to the left to fill in that space. You may even have the room to list the saves out so people can fill in the save numbers too.
    By Ohgma, I think you've got it! With a spellsheet, I don't need spell stuff on the Character sheet at all!
  9. monsterworkbench
    Looks good m8. I saw a few people request form fillable. I can do it for you if you want. Would only take about 20 min. I can also add any check boxes or features you want added in. I won't alter your work without your approval. Let me know, monsterworkbench@gmail.com
  10. bedir than
    I'm feeling like I failed a tools check. My screen is showing a blank pdf, but when I print it the character is already filled out.
  11. Greenstone.Walker
    That looks really, really nice. I love the classic look. I'm going to print a few and take them to the game tonight.

I particularly like the death saves tucked in the top corner.

But (there's always a but, right?), have you actually tried to write up a 7th level character in it? The Traits boxes look like they are too small. A sheet like this, but across two pages, would be great. Also, two or three lines for class would be great (at least for my players who all seem allergic to single-class characters :-).
  12. flametitan
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstone.Walker View Post
    That looks really, really nice. I love the classic look. I'm going to print a few and take them to the game tonight.

I particularly like the death saves tucked in the top corner.

But (there's always a but, right?), have you actually tried to write up a 7th level character in it? The Traits boxes look like they are too small. A sheet like this, but across two pages, would be great. Also, two or three lines for class would be great (at least for my players who all seem allergic to single-class characters :-).
    The best way I can think of is to simply write the feature name and then a page reference. That should give you a little more room to write everything down.
  13. Sean3DGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by flametitan View Post
    The best way I can think of is to simply write the feature name and then a page reference. That should give you a little more room to write everything down.
    I actually am making a revised sheet right now, which removes the magic bits and has a 3rd page for all things Spellbook. The extra room is for larger boxes for Race and class features, as well as an Extra Features box, and an expanded Skill list with places to write in all the number, Neato!
  14. manduck
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean3DGuy View Post
    I actually am making a revised sheet right now, which removes the magic bits and has a 3rd page for all things Spellbook. The extra room is for larger boxes for Race and class features, as well as an Extra Features box, and an expanded Skill list with places to write in all the number, Neato!
    Can't wait to see it! Next time my group strikes up a D&D game, I'll come with a stack of these printed on some parchment style paper. They'll go crazy for 'em!
  15. frankenberry
    i would love a version of this that has text lines in the spells/racial traits/class features sections to keep the info a little neater. other than that these are super rad
  16. Patrick McGill
    Awesome! Really love the aesthetic of this sheet. Looking forward to your three page version.
  17. Sean3DGuy
    Due to popular demand and great suggestions, I have updated the character sheet to a 3 pager, with most of the aforementioned changes made to the character sheet, and all magic stuff moved to a spellbook page, where you can write in all spells known and little check off box if you have it prepared. Enjoy!
  18. Patrick McGill
    Now the sheet is even better! Printing it out for use tonight.
  19. manduck
    It looks amazing! Excellent work and thanks for sharing. The changes you made really make this sheet work well. I'll be copying my character to this new sheet shortly!
  20. Chiron0224
    [disregard this post.]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason