Minimalist Character Sheet

Minimalist Character Sheet

Thumbnail

Rating: 0
Favourites: 0

Report File

Minimalist Character Sheet


File Information



Files   




I like my character sheets free of clutter and with a prominent space for a portrait (when did we gamers decide it was a good idea to get rid of the most important section of a character sheet, anyway?).

Here's a sheet; put whatever information you feel is important wherever you want to look for it.
  1. Staccat0
    How do you handle skills?
  2. Satyrn
    Quote Originally Posted by Staccat0 View Post
    How do you handle skills?
    If he's like me, you just write down the ones you're proficient with. And beside my ability score modifiers, I write down the Modifier plus Proficiency and look there whenever I need to know that value.
  3. Rune
    Huh. I didn't know that when I uploaded this in the downloads section, it would start a thread here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Staccat0 View Post
    How do you handle skills?
    I posted a pic of a character I rolled up in my other character sheet thread, but here it is again:

    Attachment 86395

    The color appears a little distorted in the pic because its actually a black & white scan; the pencil markings wouldn't really be visible, otherwise.

    And, while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and edit a shot of the clean sheet into the OP.
  4. KahlessNestor
    Kind of nice. Though I like form-fillable myself, I like the one-page concept. The portrait area is useless white space to me, though, as I can't draw stick figures.
  5. Rune
    Quote Originally Posted by KahlessNestor View Post
    Kind of nice. Though I like form-fillable myself, I like the one-page concept. The portrait area is useless white space to me, though, as I can't draw stick figures.
    Huh. You say, "useless white space," but I hear, "another place you can write stuff."
  6. Satyrn
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Huh. I didn't know that when I uploaded this in the downloads section, it would start a thread here.



    I posted a pic of a character I rolled up in my other character sheet thread, but here it is again:

    Attachment 86395

    The color appears a little distorted in the pic because its actually a black & white scan; the pencil markings wouldn't really be visible, otherwise.

    And, while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and edit a shot of the clean sheet into the OP.
    Heh. My friends all decided that my gnome had to have the pointy hat, too.
  7. BookBarbarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyrn View Post
    Heh. My friends all decided that my gnome had to have the pointy hat, too.
    I thought that's how gnome heads are shaped?
  8. BookBarbarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    I like my character sheets free of clutter and with a prominent space for a portrait (when did we gamers decide it was a good idea to get rid of the most important section of a character sheet, anyway?).

    Here's a sheet; put whatever information you feel is important wherever you want to look for it.

    Attachment 86396

    You can find the file here in the downloads section.
    Where do you write Personality Traits, Bonds, ideals, and flaws? In the blank space of your choice?
  9. Satyrn
    Quote Originally Posted by BookBarbarian View Post
    Where do you write Personality Traits, Bonds, ideals, and flaws? In the blank space of your choice?
    He's got them in the lefthand box in his example I quoted.
  10. BookBarbarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyrn View Post
    He's got them in the lefthand box in his example I quoted.
    Yup there they are. Thanks. I apparently have a real hard time reading handwriting on an image on the internet. Which isn't a critique of the actual handwriting mind you. It's much better than mine.
  11. Quickleaf
    @Rune Interesting design! While I appreciate the minimalism...the real litmus test for a one-page character sheet is not a 1st-level PC (who it is easy to fit onto one page), but an 11th-level PC that has been "lived in."

    I also second the value of including portrait space – one of the most fun I had was ad-libbing D&D where we began with character sketches and then rotated them around the table, each player adding an artistic touch like a pseudodragon familiar or a word or something to each player's sheet. It really did wonders for kickstarting everyone's creativity.
  12. Rune
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickleaf View Post
    @Rune Interesting design! While I appreciate the minimalism...the real litmus test for a one-page character sheet is not a 1st-level PC (who it is easy to fit onto one page), but an 11th-level PC that has been "lived in."

    I also second the value of including portrait space – one of the most fun I had was ad-libbing D&D where we began with character sketches and then rotated them around the table, each player adding an artistic touch like a pseudodragon familiar or a word or something to each player's sheet. It really did wonders for kickstarting everyone's creativity.
    Thanks! I suppose how much you can fit in depends entirely on your handwriting. Personally, I just like being able to organize things into easily-referenced sections and I wanted to make a sheet that facilitated deciding where those get to be.

    Of course, at 11th level, you'd need a different sheet for the spells (or the back, or cards). But I'm pretty sure this particular gnome will never live that long. The real question is whether or not an errant wild surge-fireball will take out the spelljamming ship and the rest of the party when he goes.

Report File

Reason










Report Comment

Reason






Report Link

Reason