Rating: +27
Favourites: 9

Report File

D&D 5th Edition DM SCreen

File Information

Files   

XP mcosgrave, Bacon Bits, Glen Daniel gave XP for this post
Laugh Aegys Azrael laughed with this post
I've now updated my D&D 5e DM Screen to include material from the Dungeon Master's Guide, and I also took the opportunity to fix a couple of errors that had crept in to the original.

Jan 14th 2015 — I've added another couple of pages. One has info for Chases, the other has tables for Traps, Carousing, Crafting and Sale of magic items, and Madness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. The_Gneech
    Nice! Well done.

-The Gneech
  2. J DuP
    You're awesome! ty
  3. Tormyr
    Could you trim the preview image down to about 2/3 what it is right now? It is distorting the web page so that not all of the columns on the main download page fit on the screen.
  4. Gromund Felsbreaker
    Hi! Very nice DM screen! Well done! I can't wait for next version when you will update it with DM informations

I'm here to friendly warn you about a little mistake in the screen:

Breastplate base AC is 14, not 15
    Half plate base AC is 15, not 16

bye!
  5. Leanrayox
    Fantastic work! Well done!
  6. Evenglare
    Any info on an updated sheet with DM stuff in it? Would greatly like stuff like Weather, traps tables, NPC. Id mostly like things that I can use in game to randomly generate stuff on the fly, not necessarily lots of core rules (though some stuff is fine I think the general DC table would be the thing that I need the most).
  7. PeterFitz
    My copy of the DMG has only just arrived this morning, so I want to give it a decent read through before I add anything more to the screen. I'll fix the breastplate/½-plate AC errors at the same time.
  8. Wyvin
    This is fantastic work, thanks! A few minor items:
    1. In "Actions in Combat", the reference to PHB 196 for Hide should be PHB 177, at least in my book. Generally it seems the DM is given a lot of discretion for adjudicating hides.
    2. Last page, "Object Hit-Points" table (maybe make it "Hit Points" (no hyphen)?): there's a typo on the 3rd line for Medium size (spurious close parenthesis).
    3. The document is optimized for A4 format (understandably)—any plans for US Letter format? As it stands, on US Letter there is a lot of blank space at the top and bottom of the (landscape) pages. I'm guessing that would be a lot of work to change though!
  9. PeterFitz
    I've uploaded an updated version with information from the DMG, and fixed a couple of errors that had crept into the original version. It's now four pages; Any more than that and I think it would get a bit unwieldy.
  10. Archade
    Well done! However, isn't the DC for concentration for taking damage half the damage taken, not 8 + damage?
  11. PeterFitz
    Quote Originally Posted by Archade View Post
    Well done! However, isn't the DC for concentration for taking damage half the damage taken, not 8 + damage?
    That's a fair cop — I'd forgotten about that. I have more stringent requirements for maintaining concentration in my own campaign, so that's what I've included on the screen. I'll make a little by-the-book-rules-correct insert that can be glued over the top of my alteration.
  12. soulcatcher78
    Great looking piece of work!

Thank you for sharing with us.
  13. PeterFitz
    I've added another couple of pages to the PDF. One deals with Chases, the other has tables for Traps, Carousing, Magic Item crafting and selling, and Madness.

I haven't added these two pages to my screen; I just printed them double-sided and laminated them, and keep them with — but not of — the screen.
  14. TreChriron
    This is Fantastic!! Very well done. Thank you for putting this together!
  15. Undrhil
    Under the Concentration section, you have the DC for a check made for taking damage set to 8 + damage taken. I think it was 10 or half of the damage taken, whichever is higher. Where is this changed in the DMG?
  16. Jaracove
    This is brilliant! Better than the official
  17. Joshthegrey
    How would one print and assemble this?
  18. Nod_Hero
    Great Screen!
    As Undrhil mentioned, the Concentration information is incorrect.
  19. Matuku
    A few other people have pointed this out in the comments on the file but, in case you ever revisit this, the Concentration information is incorrect (particularly the taking damage and vigorous movement parts).
  20. PeterFitz
    I know. As my campaign proceeds, and I get more experience with 5e, my house rules increase. That's why I haven't updated this file any more; the information I present on it is getting to be divergent enough from canon that the current state of the screen would be of less and less use to anyone who doesn't have pretty much the same ideas about house rules as me.

In any case, I'm moving away from the screen as an information resource, and really only use it to hide those rolls I don't want my players to see. I find a folder of reference sheets more useful (and easier for my old eyes to read) than the screen, which tends to be in shadow on my table.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report File

Reason

Report Comment

Reason

Report Link

Reason