Ghosts in the Black

delericho

Legend
4 out of 5 rating for Ghosts in the Black

By and large, the published adventures for the Firefly RPG have been pretty solid - in addition to being reasonably well designed, they've managed to hit the tone of the show pretty much dead on. And by adopting an episode structure, right down to having four defined acts, they've managed to make playing an episode feel much like watching an episode of the show.

"Ghosts in the Black" is no exception. The book provides five adventures that fit together to form a neat campaign arc. The individual episodes are well designed, they fit the show, and they fit together quite nicely.

The episodes are constructed to run in the order presented, but only the last two have to be run sequentially. Indeed, for best results I think I would use the first episode, "Six Cylinders Make a Right", as a "season opener", then place at least one other episode into the gaps between these adventures, before using the last two as a double-episode "season ender". But, of course, other options are available!

All in all, I was well impressed with this set. And, since it appears to be the final book in the Firefly RPG line, it makes for a high note on which to end. (Although that does mean the line has been cancelled before its time. Which is strangely appropriate.)

Remove ads