Do you "pay the pig?"

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC comments used to both me a lot more, particularly when I GM, but I got over it. :)

I did come to a epiphany that as our group got older, and only saw each other on a few occaisons (gaming being one of the more regular and frequent), then the social aspects would grow. When we were all in college and saw each other all the time, it would make more sense to keep gaming time to gaming.

That said, I greatly enjoy a campaign that a friend of mine runs that is much more IC. The lights are dimmed, we're in the loft of his place, and the group is much more drama and roleplaying oriented.

So I would love it if the OOC comments were lessened, but I've stopped fighting it for the most part...

is this a sign of an aging gamer?

John

Arravis

First Post
Lol... I agree, it is a sign of an aging gamer. When I was younger it used to really tick me off, lol, but now that I'm a geezer it doesn't bother me as much.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Arravis said:
...lol, but now that I'm a geezer it doesn't bother me as much.

So, you're a geezer, perhaps you can tell me. Exactly how does one go about "geezing"? :D

Arravis

First Post
Well... you start by constantly yelling "Git offa mah lawn" at neighborhod kids, then you chew alot, but there's nothing in your mouth...

it all goes downhill from there :p

Fictionaut

First Post
Such a policy wouldn't fly with my usual group. We have players of varying interest levels, from the guy who takes 4 hours to min-max his new character the night before to the guy who just plays because that's what the rest of us like doing with our saturdays, and so there's something of a compromise on the matter.

Anyway, in my experience, a good DM should usually be able to keep the attention of the group by running an engaging adventure. If people are still getting distracted, it often just means the game has run too long or that a break is needed.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Arravis said:
I hold a loaded .38 special in my hands while I DM... first one to make an OOC comment gets one in the gut. Thank god it holds 6 rounds... leaves 2 extras for fun ;).

By any chance, did you ever post here under the name Bugaboo?:p

Warchild

First Post
Arravis said:
Well... you start by constantly yelling "Git offa mah lawn" at neighborhod kids, then you chew alot, but there's nothing in your mouth...

it all goes downhill from there :p

Okay, i don't laugh at many posts, but that was funny.

Remove ads