Terraism

Explorer
Tiefling said:

Are you suggesting that we change sigs for every post depending on how long it will be? :)

Nope - just don't use the sig... :D I figure that you should only include your .sig once per thread if it contains a pic or something similar - in my case, now that I've got the avatar, I just put my closing in my sig. Anyway - if your sig is going to be bigger than the post, turn off the sig for that post. It works. And makes life SO much easier on everyone else...

graydoom

First Post
BluWolf said:
Is there some where we can see all the avatars that are available?

Yes. Clik on "user cp", then go into "Edit Options", then click the "More info" link under the "Avatars" heading. That'll show you all the avatars. It's a big download, so I hope you have a cable modem.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Terraism said:
I figure that you should only include your .sig once per thread if it contains a pic or something similar - in my case, now that I've got the avatar, I just put my closing in my sig. Anyway - if your sig is going to be bigger than the post, turn off the sig for that post. It works. And makes life SO much easier on everyone else...

This is excellent etiquette. I try to do this myself, turning off my sig for short posts or multiple posts in a thread.

graydoom

First Post
This is excellent etiquette. I try to do this myself, turning off my sig for short posts or multiple posts in a thread.

Since my .sig is YB!-related, I turn it off when not posting in Fight Club. And I turn it off there, too, when I'm not posting in a YB! thread. And I turn it off if I've already posted it in the thread.

I think so far I've actually posted my .sig exactly once on these new boards :D.

BluWolf

Explorer
Thanks Greydoom!!

I actually figured out how to load a custom one.

Major accomplishment for someone of my limited simian brain.

Attachments

• 3803344_orig.jpg
    3803344_orig.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 10,476

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Why, without massive 2-MB banner jpegs, you'd miss all the lovely stuff in my website... that is... uh... when it's done being built and all... know what, just forget me, okay?

Remove ads